Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Im A Provider Moving To Milwaukee. In What Areas Is Child Care Most Needed?
Mariehouse 12:47 PM 05-16-2012
I am a family child care provider and will be moving to Milwaukee in the next month or so. I want to live in an area where child care is most needed in order to make sure I will be able to stay in business. What parts of Milwaukee are in need of more child care providers?
Heidi 03:39 PM 05-16-2012
I can't help you with info, but would like to offer my sympathy at the tast set before you!

Milwaukee has the highest rate of daycare fraud in Wisconsin, and all our "anti-fraud" prevention regs in the state are based on the ahem "creative" things SOME providers there have come up with.

I know the licensers, food program consultantsl, and Youngstar reps in that area are extra extra stringent. So sorry that some rotten eggs made it harder for the rest of us, especially those of you in that area!

My sis knows good providers in that area. I will ask her what area needs the most care and for some more positive insight on Milwaukee.
Mariehouse 04:06 PM 05-16-2012
Thanks Heidi, I really do appreciate all your help!
Heidi 04:48 PM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by Mariehouse:
Thanks Heidi, I really do appreciate all your help!
sorry, I felt like a wet noodle writing that, but forewarned is forearmed, right? I am PM'ing you the name of someone you can talk to with all your questions.
Mariehouse 04:52 PM 05-16-2012
Not a problem. Thanks again!
WImom 06:00 PM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I can't help you with info, but would like to offer my sympathy at the tast set before you!

Milwaukee has the highest rate of daycare fraud in Wisconsin, and all our "anti-fraud" prevention regs in the state are based on the ahem "creative" things SOME providers there have come up with.

I know the licensers, food program consultantsl, and Youngstar reps in that area are extra extra stringent. So sorry that some rotten eggs made it harder for the rest of us, especially those of you in that area!

My sis knows good providers in that area. I will ask her what area needs the most care and for some more positive insight on Milwaukee.
Yes, I agree the licensors are very hard on us. I'm not in Milwaukee but in a suburb about 20 minutes outside of Milwaukee. I only care for ages 2-5y but do know I get tons of calls for infants so if you like babies there seems to be a need there.
Mariehouse 11:52 AM 05-17-2012
Good information, thank you!
Tags:daycare - demographics, milwaukee
Reply Up