Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Am I nuts?
daycarediva 04:07 AM 09-07-2012
I termed a screamer that I had from 6weeks, when he was 10 months old. He was very part time, 2-3 days per week and I just couldn't get him adjusted to our routine. I ADORED him and his mother is the sweetest person, when there were fewer kids (him, my son and I) he was a DREAM, but as soon as I added in the then 2 other toddlers I had at the time, he screamed CONSTANTLY and I could NEVER put him down. I finally decided to let him go because it wasn't fair to him to be so unhappy on those days.

Fast forward a year and change, Mom emailed me to see if I would take him back. She has been home with him, and is going back to work.

I told her I would do a trial. Am I nuts? He will be a set 4 days per week, so definitely enough time to adjust and get used to the kids and our routine and old enough that he can't scream all day, right? I reallly reallllyyyy wanted it to work out the first time because I really liked the entire family. Is it possible for(or have you had) a kid to grow out of it?
Loveyoustinkyface 04:23 AM 09-07-2012
I think it's great that you have this opportunity again! The parent has trust in you to contact you again and the dcb might be transformed as he's got older. Fingers crossed for you and dcb!!
seebachers 04:43 AM 09-07-2012
definitely!! I had promised to help out a mom until my other DCM came back from maternity leave. It was a challenge because he was only here a brief 2 hours a day and then it would be a day here......two days a week.....not need to come for another week. Never slept, never ate, didn't want to play, just a bump on the log no matter how much I tried to engage him. He just couldn't get adjusted. I kept doing it for another three months beyond the agreed date because I knew it would be difficult for them to find care with those wacky hours. I told them that I was not able to continue such varied hours and that it would be better to find someone to come into their home. Fast forward to August of this year.....little man is here three full days a week. Happiest little guy, full of life and really absolutely the easiest child I have in my care and mommy and daddy just announced a bundle of joy is expected. How cool is that!!!

It can be a positive experience especially since the little one will be coming more frequent and can get into a routine.
Reply Up