Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing Drop Off & Pick Up Times...
thatdivalady 05:31 PM 05-17-2012
I'm interested to hear other people's opinions on a current situation that has been going on. First off, we do not work strictly until 5pm, we actually provide evening and weekend care.

This parent originally stated that they wanted 12 hours each day M-F (yeah, I know lol). When I explained that this would result in an extra $50 per week charge they decided not to go past the 10 hours we provide. Welllll then it was "I'll pick up between 5-6." The contracted hours were 7am-5pm. So when I reviewed the contract with the parent, I included a stipulation that any pick ups after 5pm would result in a $5 per hour fee. The parent agreed.

Late fees accrued, conversations were had.... due to pick ups being close to 6pm. And I do not do partial hours because that's just annoying. So I created a new sign in sheet (I have one for each child) that states that children must be picked up within their contracted hours.

Well then it became a thing of dropping the child off at 6am instead of 7. Of course now I'm scratching my head going -- ohh yeah so that's a good way to circumvent the system! So now I'm planning to change the sheets and my handbook to include the fact that you cannot drop your child off earlier than your contracted hours are. Anyone ever had a situation similar to this?

Also: I know some folks on here charge for contract changes. What do you charge?
momma2girls 04:47 AM 05-18-2012
I changed my contract to work and commute times only!! I find out what time they go in and what time they are finished. If the family has to have one parent drop off and the other one pick up- I used to have hrs. open, and almost everyone, and I mean everyone took advantage of them!! I have my own family, their activities, that I am missing, if I stayed open for 10 or 11 hrs. daily.
SunshineMama 05:57 AM 05-18-2012
I only do contracted hours.

I had one family who kept pushing me, coming early, picking up late...

After the 3rd day of this I wrote them a letter and gave them a new contract that said I could offer care for the hours they needed for an additional $25.00 per week.

Hmmm...somehow they didnt need those hours anymore and wanted to stick to their original contract
Tags:drop off time, pick up time
Reply Up