Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>May Have Gotten Myself Into A Bind
Indoorvoice 04:08 PM 05-13-2015
I kind of downplayed one of my dck's issues. She was only coming a few days a week and I could handle her behaviors for just those days. When dcm wanted to start full time, I thought having her on my schedule more regularly would do her good and her behaviors would diminish. I'm starting to rethink that and am really finding myself irritated with this dck every day and I hate that. However, I haven't really told dcm how bad she is. Most of her problems are because of mom in my opinion, and I didn't think it would do any good to tell her. Now I'm thinking about terming but dcm thinks she did just fine here. How can I bring up to dcm that I want to term when she didn't know of any real issues?
Shell 05:59 PM 05-13-2015
Would you be interested in the former arrangement of her coming pt, or do you want to end the whole situation all together?
cara041083 06:09 PM 05-13-2015
If you don't mind going back to part time, then I would just tell mom that you have seen some behavioral issues, and that you want to give it 2 weeks for things to improve, and if they don't then all you can offer is part time or not at all. With giving the 2 week trial period is looks like you are trying and then the mom isn't shocked when you tell her its not working out. If you keep the DCK because you feel bad it will end up stressing you out even more.
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 05-14-2015
I would just tell mom that over the last few weeks/days since DCK has been full time that you've had some issues. Then state the issues, suggest ways DCM can address/fix these issues (if you think she'd be open to doing) and state your expectations as to how long you are willing to continue addressing/fixing these issues on your end before terminating your agreement.

I don't think going back to part time will solve the issues since you saw them before moving to full time. I am assuming that since she is now full time, the behavioral issues are just more annoying/bothersome verses only seeing them a few days a week.

I don't always mention issues I see with kids either until they become so bad that I can't manage them on my own any more. A majority of issues are my issues to deal with when they occur on my time but when they get bad enough, it requires parental involvement I have no qualms about telling a parent and letting them know I tried as long as I could before realizing it's THEIR issue to manage.

Most parents act surprised but truthfully I think they know on some conscious or unconscious level that the problems exists, they just continue on like they don't know in hopes that others don't see them too or that others will just deal or fix them instead of them having to do it.
Indoorvoice 11:40 AM 05-15-2015
Thank you Bc! I just couldn't think of the words I wanted to say without sounding like I have been lying to her. This helps a lot
Reply Up