Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why???
Thriftylady 04:42 AM 02-09-2016
Ug people really irritate me. Two of my kids came in with no hats and gloves on a snow day. This means that either I go to the store (or send DD) and buy proper clothing or nobody gets to play out in the snow. Why do people do this. My DCG told me "well we can't find any that match". WHO CARES? It is daycare not a fashion show!!!!
childcaremom 04:54 AM 02-09-2016
Or call mom to either drop off proper gear or pick up her kids.
laundrymom 05:01 AM 02-09-2016
Not a long term solution, but I keep hats and gloves in my dramatic play area. I use them if people forget. It usually only takes me sending pics of Johnny in a hello kitty hat once to get them on board. Lol.
Thriftylady 05:03 AM 02-09-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Not a long term solution, but I keep hats and gloves in my dramatic play area. I use them if people forget. It usually only takes me sending pics of Johnny in a hello kitty hat once to get them on board. Lol.
I thought about putting socks on their hands and sending pics.
laundrymom 05:05 AM 02-09-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I've done that.
More than once.
Kids don't care.
Thriftylady 05:06 AM 02-09-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I've done that.
More than once.
Kids don't care.
Well my mom did it when I was a kid. I was embarrassed though. Of course it didn't help I had to go to school that way.
Blackcat31 05:17 AM 02-09-2016
Um, that's standard for babies/toddlers around here.

Its cold here and since most manufacturers don't actually make boots and mittens for babies that are warm and stay on, it's standard to put wool socks over the tops of baby/toddler shoes and over mittens (all the way up to the elbow) so that baby/toddler stays warm and dry and their mittens/boots don't fall off thanks to the wool socks.
Ariana 05:37 AM 02-09-2016
I would call mom for sure. I also keep spares of pretty much everything!
Thriftylady 05:40 AM 02-09-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I would call mom for sure. I also keep spares of pretty much everything!
I have been trying to get spares of stuff. But with SA kids in all different sizes, and only having 1300 square feet (including the garage) storage of so many sizes is hard.
Ariana 05:44 AM 02-09-2016
I have been trying to get spares of stuff. But with SA kids in all different sizes, and only having 1300 square feet (including the garage) storage of so many sizes is hard.
I have bought one large sized hat that can be rolled on the bottom to make it fit. That works the best. I also buy large mittens and tuck it up into their sleeve to make those fit. They look like little orphan Annie but it works and that way you don't have a ton of stuff.
laundrymom 05:53 AM 02-09-2016
Well my mom did it when I was a kid. I was embarrassed though. Of course it didn't help I had to go to school that way.
Embarrassment is a non issue at my place for this. No. Schoolers. I wouldn't send kids to school that way, but my under four crew just wants to play outside. No matter the color, pattern, fit or design.
Parents are the ones who look at their child's smiling face, outside, surrounded by their friends, red cheeked and grinning, and realize, I'm taking them out. Even if they "forget" to bring warm gear.
Reply Up