Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Has to Poop While We Are Outside
Boymom 02:08 PM 02-10-2016
So this may be a dumb question, but this has never happened to me before today! The 3 year old had to go poop but we were all outside in the backyard. I cant leave the babies outside of course, so what would you do? He still needs help wiping and he can't wash his hands by himself because he can't reach the faucet. I always have them go to the bathroom right before we go outside but, of course, he didn't have to go then!
Play Care 02:44 PM 02-10-2016
Everybody has to come back in, but if possible I have them sit by the door while I assist the other child. Then we can go back out.

That said, I would keep an eye on the child because I've had kids who didn't like going outside and would pull the "poop card" to get out of it. And I would change up times so that he couldn't hold it until it was scheduled outside time
MarinaVanessa 03:00 PM 02-10-2016
I bring everyone back inside. I know people that don't like doing that so they have potty chairs for outside and they have a pump-bottle liquid hand wash that doesn't need rinsing. They also take diapers and wipes and just throw the waste into a large trash can. For me, this is too much work and then I have to worry about bringing in and cleaning potty chairs and 'aint no one got time for that. Bringing them all inside works for me.

If this started to become a habit and I didn't want to bring everyone inside I'd put the older kid in a pull-up and just change him outside if he pooped.
284878 10:52 AM 02-11-2016
Try having him go before you go outside. I would so do the potty chair in the warmer months. I keep one downstairs, for tornado watch/ warnings, anyways.
Reply Up