Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Driveway Alarm Recommendation?
laundrymom 08:34 AM 02-05-2016
Looking for a drive alarm. Not one w a rubber hose you drive over.
Any suggestions or ones to stay away from?
LysesKids 08:48 AM 02-05-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Don't get Anything that requires you to step outside to turn off the actual alarm (like a remote); some are hooked outside but the signal comes thru a 2nd part hooked inside the home, some just beep/blare and you have to manually shut them down (not my cup of tea). I'm still looking for one that doesn't get set off by loose animals/birds - my last one was a pain and I finally took it down
sharlan 09:07 AM 02-05-2016
My girlfriend has one she bought from Harbor Freight. They love it. She does have issues with coyotes setting it off on occasion.
Blackcat31 09:14 AM 02-05-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
http://www.harborfreight.com/wireles...tem-93068.html

Had this one for 10 years. VERY reliable and easy to install

Bought this one later because it notifies more than one receiver and that came in handy since we have more than one building on our property so my DH needed to be alerted in more than one place.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5517_200415517
284878 06:35 AM 02-06-2016
I have the Harbour Freight one that BC linked above. I like it because of the ease of use a versatility. I use it as a walkway / door alarm as one approaches the side steps. I was having trouble hearing visitors knock when we were playing in the playroom. They go on sale a lot so we got ours for $11, battery operated, so it works in power outages.

We also got a Mighty Mule driveway alarm. We choose this one because it only goes off when metal goes pass the buried sensor. The antenna is hidden behind a bush, then sends the singal wirelessly to the house receiver. Sold at home improvement stores, with some stores having exclusive model numbers, we ordered ours from Menards.com, this was the only place that sold one with volume control.

With the two, I can hear one pull in, look to see which parent and get that child ready to go. I also hear when the FP lady arrives, no more surprise drop in.
284878 06:38 AM 02-06-2016
The down side is that the kids learn that the beeps equal a parent is here. And the plow company sets it off multiple times going up and down the driveway.
The beeps have never woke anyone during nap. Dh comes home during nap.
Reply Up