Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stacking Highchairs From Ikea....Anyone?
Emsdayhome 10:04 AM 09-04-2013
Does anyone use them in their daycare? I'm thinking of getting 3 for my dayhome, instead of booster seats on my kitchen chairs. I imagine they'll take up less space when not in use....just wondered quality wise. They're only $24 ...seems too good to be true!
Familycare71 10:05 AM 09-04-2013
Originally Posted by Emsdayhome:
Does anyone use them in their daycare? I'm thinking of getting 3 for my dayhome, instead of booster seats on my kitchen chairs. I imagine they'll take up less space when not in use....just wondered quality wise. They're only $24 ...seems too good to be true!
Let me know!!! That sounds great! Hopefully they ship them tho- I don't have an ikea near me. Breaks my heart!!!
MNMum 10:06 AM 09-04-2013
Love em. Easy to clean. Only complaint - the tray does not adjust, so kids tend to drop more food in their laps...
Emsdayhome 10:16 AM 09-04-2013
hmmm...good to know- I see they have the chairs, and then attachable trays as an option too, wonder if you can adjust those ones? I think Ikea ships....you'd just have to go online and find the one most local...maybe? I have 4 within a driveable distance lol
Familycare71 10:23 AM 09-04-2013
Originally Posted by Emsdayhome:
hmmm...good to know- I see they have the chairs, and then attachable trays as an option too, wonder if you can adjust those ones? I think Ikea ships....you'd just have to go online and find the one most local...maybe? I have 4 within a driveable distance lol
Not fair!!! id probably be rich if I opened one here!
Emsdayhome 10:27 AM 09-04-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
Not fair!!! id probably be rich if I opened one here!
hahaha yeah no kidding. I buy tons of craft stuff from Ikea , amazing for daycare!! Too bad you don't have one close by....but you should look at ordering! I don't use Ikea for actual furniture in our home...but for daycare stuff that isn't being used 24/7 it's ideal
mema 10:27 AM 09-04-2013
I have the Antilop ones and love them. The price is right and the cleaning is easy. Like MNMum said, the trays aren't adjustable. I put a towel rolled up behind the little ones to help them stay closer to the tray. Also, when they stack, the only one that can keep the tray on, is the top one in the stack. I just stack the other trays on top of that.
Michelle 10:37 AM 09-04-2013
I have them too and I love them!!!!!
I have red, blue and white... I didn't know they stacked... that's good to know
the best part is they don't have foot rests and it's so quiet at lunch.
countrymom 10:42 AM 09-04-2013
I have them. To stack the them, you need to take the trays off, the only complaint is that the trays are a bit stiff to take off, but I love them. Easy to clean, easy to put away, small and compact. And the trays are large enough for the kids.
Kim 10:49 AM 09-04-2013
I have two and I love how easy they are to clean. They're 5yrs old now and still look new.
Rachel 10:32 AM 09-09-2013
Have 2 of them and love them also. Totally worth it.
Familycare71 01:37 PM 09-09-2013
Just FYI... Found a recall when I looked them up-
http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2012/...o-Fall-Hazard/
craftymissbeth 03:34 PM 09-09-2013
Oh if we had an Ikea near here I'd be broke!

It looks like they sell a thing called a barnslig to help support children while they're in the high chair... I wonder if it would help to push them forward a bit?

Amd what the heck? They'll ship the high chair, but not the tray?

Would this high chair be a good size to slide up to a pub style table if I didn't have the trays?
Memc2001 05:48 PM 09-09-2013
I have 2 of them. I guess I didn't realize they are stackable.
I LOVE them. no cracks or creases like more expensive chairs so easy to clean. Very good for my sanitation inspections. It took me a while to get used to the trays, but I don't mind them and they just stay on.

A year and a half I drove to CO from here to go to visit family and went to the IKEA there and loaded up my Sienna minivan with goodies from there. The smocks from there have come in very handy and there kid toys are great too.
MarinaVanessa 06:03 PM 09-09-2013
I have three of them and wouldn't change them for any others. I started with a Graco padded highchair that belonged to my son and then later someone gave me another highchair. I used those for a long time until I bought some Ikea highchairs. What a difference.

They take up less space than regular highchairs even when not stacked and for the price, you just can't beat them. Super easy to clean, durable and easy to pull apart and put back together. I pull mine apart every so often and throw them in the dishwasher (those that know me well know that I love throwing as much as I can into the dishwasher). They chair is at a perfect height for my table so that I can slide them right to the table and the little guys can eat at the dinner table with us if we wanted, I don't even have to pull the tray off.

They have no padding but I just fill in the extra space around young infants (that can't sit unsupported) with a rolled up towel or something. Once they can sit up on their own without support then I don't bother to use padding, I've never had an issue with any child bonking themselves. I actually love the fact that they don't have padding. Fabric padding/covers create more laundry and plastic/vinyl padding has creases that can trap food and can become brittle and crack over time. I also hate having to pull the padding off of stuff when it needs a wash so having a highchair that's completely non porous is great for me. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.
MarinaVanessa 06:10 PM 09-09-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
Just FYI... Found a recall when I looked them up-
http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2012/...o-Fall-Hazard/
Yep, but all you have to do if you bought yours between 2007 and 2011 is call the IKEA customer service number and they'll ship you the replacement strap and buckles. Anyone buying them after 2011 should have no problems with them
Familycare71 06:14 PM 09-09-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Yep, but all you have to do if you bought yours between 2007 and 2011 is call the IKEA customer service number and they'll ship you the replacement strap and buckles. Anyone buying them after 2011 should have no problems with them
I just thought it would be useful for those who have had them for a while
I wish I had an ikea- they sound ideal! They won't ship them
Emsdayhome 06:26 AM 09-10-2013
the sleeved bibs are amazing. 2 of them for $5 ! I need to hit up Ikea this weekend to get some goodies before my new full timer starts next week lol . My friend got the swinging seats for kids, they're fabric and you attach them to the ceiling- super cool !
Texasjeepgirl 06:34 AM 09-10-2013
I have two of them..
Love love love them for the ease of clean up.. I don't actually stack them... so I can't offer help in that department.. The only complaint I have is the same as others on here.. the tray is not adjustable so allot of food can go in the lap.. although I do use the vinyl bibs with the little front that catches some of what they drop..
I like the size.. they aren't as TALL as other chairs...
so my little girls actually use them for 'doll' high chairs also...

Reply Up