Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Funny
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:19 AM 10-12-2010
ok, so Im fairly new to the food program. I have to share,..I had a prospective parent call,.. I am interviewing for my waiting list because you never know,... anyway,... lady calls for infant care, says she sees Im on program, and says My baby is on breast milk,.. I say fine,.. she says,.. so its ok to do breastmilk at your place? I said yes, I keep it in the freezer or fridge, and thaw in warm water never the micro,... she then says,..... wait for it,......

so where do you get it? I said,.. what? she said, well I want my baby on breast m ilk and you are responsible for providing it, I want to know whos it is. I said,.. Im sorry but I think you are misunderstanding me,... I provide formula, and if you dont like the brand I choose, you can either supply it or breast milk for me to use,.. but Im not looking for a bm supplier,.. she says,.. well. you check on that and get back to me,....... hmmmmm no,... lol. not . I called my sponsor and they too thought the lady was a little ,... off. lol. confirmed that I do not hae to supply breast milk,..lol.
bgmeyers 10:21 AM 10-12-2010
That IS funny.
BentleysBands 10:28 AM 10-12-2010
LOL funny !!
MommyMuffin 10:48 AM 10-12-2010
I cannot stop laughing!!! I am imagining sitting in a rocking chair and having the babies all linned up to breast feed. Hahahah
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:50 AM 10-12-2010
I am amlost 39 years old! There is no way Im bfing a slew of dayfriends! lol,... I am amazed at some people.
gbcc 10:56 AM 10-12-2010
Oh wow.

Does she not realize the diseases that can be passed through bm?? What is wrong with her to want her child to bf on or through someone else???
MarinaVanessa 11:00 AM 10-12-2010
LOL!!! Wow I needed this laugh. Really? Wow, some people are just ... well you know .
melskids 11:06 AM 10-12-2010
actually, i have heard of mothers insisting on using breast milk, and not being able to produce their own, and getting a supply from someone else. still strange for sure!!!!
DBug 11:08 AM 10-12-2010
You know ... this could be a golden business opportunity for someone ... pump a little extra each time they feed their own little one, and charge this woman a mint for it .

I can't believe how silly some people are . But, since there are breast milk banks for babies with medical issues ... could she be thinking those banks are for daycares? Of course, then again, she may just be from the 15th century upper class looking for a wet nurse!
DCMom 11:15 AM 10-12-2010
I had a dc mom a few years back who produced far more milk than her daughter needed and asked me if I knew anyone who might be interested in buying it.

I think she eventually found someone online who bought it...I didn't really ask too many questions about it. TMI for me...
mac60 11:28 AM 10-12-2010
That is funny, but, unfortunately shows the mentality of many parents out there trying to raise children.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 11:32 AM 10-12-2010
very odd...sounds loopy to me. I wouldn't want to work for her after that conversation, LOL
SilverSabre25 02:15 PM 10-12-2010
Very weird...someone needs a reality check! I would have said, 'ma'am, YOU are the one who makes the milk!"

To those of you icked out by the idea of babies getting other mamas' breastmilk, please understand that for the most part, milk is milk and very few diseases pass through it. There are programs and organizations that do help link milk donors to parents who need or want the milk for their child. MilkShare is one such program. Donors are screened for health and then yes, they provide their extra breastmilk to babies whose mamas can't produce it or can't give their baby their milk (cancer or something) or have passed away, or whatever. Sometimes adoptive parents who can't successfully induce lactation will use the program. Preemies in the NICU will also be fed donated breastmilk if mama can't pump enough as it is far and away better than any formula ever could be, and NICUs amazingly enough are starting to understand this. Furthermore, adult cancer patients who can.not.keep.anything down, even water, will sometimes be given donated breastmilk--which they can keep down, btw, most of the time.

/soapbox

sorry about that, but the idea that breastmilk is somehow "dirty" drives me batty. I am a huge breastfeeding advocate and if for some reason was unable to breastfeed one of my children, I would be looking for donors to help me out.
MyAngels 03:46 PM 10-12-2010
I saw something on TV awhile back - there was a company making cheese with breastmilk. I don't have anything against breastmilk, per se, but it kinda made me queasy just the same
SilverSabre25 03:51 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I saw something on TV awhile back - there was a company making cheese with breastmilk. I don't have anything against breastmilk, per se, but it kinda made me queasy just the same
Not a company, but a restaurant. The guy who owned the restaurant was making cheese with his wife's breastmilk. Now that is pretty weird...I think it was basically a joke/experiment or something, I forget. They didn't actually serve it or sell it.
MyAngels 03:54 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
They didn't actually serve it or sell it.
Good, now I can quit worrying every time I get a cheeseburger lol.
MarinaVanessa 03:57 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by DBug:
You know ... this could be a golden business opportunity for someone ... pump a little extra each time they feed their own little one, and charge this woman a mint for it .
You know, I am expecting my own little one next month ... I wonder . The good thing is that my fiance doesn't come on here and read any of these posts otherwise I'd be in a lot of trouble. He's one of those that would do anything for an extra $ and although I've had trouble convincing him that I should breastfeed my little one longer than 1 year I'm inclined to believe that he wouldn't mind me being a wet-nurse for someone else or selling my breast-milk online .
Tags:food program
Reply Up