Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ikea Table and 2 Chairs Set
ABCDaycareMN 03:13 PM 03-02-2013
Anyone have this set? I'm thinking about getting it for my 17m old and a 2 year old to eat and do crafts on. Otherwise I have a large 8 kids picnic style table I really don't want to have to bring it back in my house for 2 kids because it takes up so much space.

Recommend it or not? Why?
JaydensMommy 03:30 PM 03-02-2013
The one that is about $20? I have that set and love it especially for the price. It is in our housekeeping area. It's easy to put together and has held up well.
ABCDaycareMN 03:35 PM 03-02-2013
A link would be helpful....

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/50178411/
ABCDaycareMN 03:35 PM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by JaydensMommy:
The one that is about $20? I have that set and love it especially for the price. It is in our housekeeping area. It's easy to put together and has held up well.
Yes that one! Is it sturdy? How long have you had it for?
Lyss 06:38 PM 03-02-2013
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...highlight=ikea
Kim 04:50 PM 03-03-2013
You can't beat it for the price. I've had the set for almost 2 years now in our dramatic play center and it's held up pretty well. The white table top scratched from my toddlers driving hot wheel cars on it so I painted it a couple months ago. Keep in mind it is made for just little ones though. There's no support under the seat part of the chairs. I busted through one! Apparently I ate one too many pretend cookies the kids were baking for me. Hubby is going to fix it since it was just the seat part that busted through. The rest of the chair is fine. At least I gave everyone a good laugh that day!
ABCDaycareMN 05:52 PM 03-03-2013
I went to ikea today and decided against it. I went with the heavier duty table for $40 and 2 chairs for $20 each. So far I love it! May consider getting 2 more chairs for it. But that can wait for now.
Scout 04:30 AM 03-04-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
I went to ikea today and decided against it. I went with the heavier duty table for $40 and 2 chairs for $20 each. So far I love it! May consider getting 2 more chairs for it. But that can wait for now.
Can you tell me the name of the one you got? The closest Ikea to me is 2 1/2-3 hours away!! I would need to peruse the website! Thanks!
MsLaura529 04:30 AM 03-04-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
Did you get the one that has the adjustable legs (red and blue legs I think?). I'm thinking of picking that one up on Friday! Glad to hear you like it.
ABCDaycareMN 05:09 AM 03-04-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Did you get the one that has the adjustable legs (red and blue legs I think?). I'm thinking of picking that one up on Friday! Glad to hear you like it.
No I got the smaller white solid wood one. The colored legs was nice also I just didn't need one that big.
Sunnyyy1 05:05 PM 03-05-2013
I think I am gonna check out Ikea this weekend. If we don't get a lot of snow.
Reply Up