Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Often Do You.....
Christina72684 02:46 PM 08-20-2011
I'm just wondering how often people do the following "chores" at their daycare. Don't worry, be honest. We're not here to judge you, I just wonder if I'm doing things often enough.

How often do you:

1. Sweep the carpet
2. Mop the floor
3. Sterilize bottles (for those of you without dishwashers)
4. Scrub down the bathroom
5. Sterilize toys
6. Wash blankets used by the kids
7. What other things do you clean on a regular basis?

Please include how many DCK you have. I only had 4 over the summer and now I have 12, so I'm sure I will start doing these things more frequently.
MyAngels 03:00 PM 08-20-2011
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
I'm just wondering how often people do the following "chores" at their daycare. Don't worry, be honest. We're not here to judge you, I just wonder if I'm doing things often enough.

How often do you:

1. Sweep the carpet
2. Mop the floor
5. Sterilize toys

Please include how many DCK you have. I only had 4 over the summer and now I have 12, so I'm sure I will start doing these things more frequently.
1. Twice a day - morning and after kids leave.
2. At least every other day, often it turns into every day, though.
3. I have a dishwasher.
4. Thorough scrubbing twice per week. Several times every day I use a bleach solution to wipe down surfaces.
5. At least once a week, except infant toys which are done on an ongoing basis.
6. Twice a week, unless soiled, obviously.
7. Other than normal weekly housework, I wipe down surfaces that are regularly touched by children daily (door knobs, shelves, door frames, light switches, etc.)

I have 7 enrolled right now.
sassysue 03:03 PM 08-20-2011
Originally Posted by Christina72684:

How often do you:

1. Sweep the carpet
2. Mop the floor
5. Sterilize toys

1.Sweep the carpet-every day
2.Mop the floor-once a week
3.Sterilize bottles-never(send home with parents)
4.Scrub the bathroom-once a week
5.Sterilize toys-once a week
6.Wash blankets-once a week
We go on daily field trips(story time,library,park,play group) Except for Thursday.It's free play and that's when I clean.They help also.It works good for me
kendallina 03:11 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep the carpet Once a day
2. Mop the floor Once a week
3. Sterilize bottles (for those of you without dishwashers) Never (I have older kids)
4. Scrub down the bathroom Once per week, but wipe surfaces and clean toilet several times/week
5. Sterilize toys Infrequently, especially when it's not cold season (but I have ages 3 and up)
6. Wash blankets used by the kids (Don't have any)

I have 5 preschoolers here just 3 hours every morning.
snbauser 03:35 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep the carpet daily
2. Mop the floor once or twice a week depending on need
3. Sterilize bottles (for those of you without dishwashers) never - I don't take babies
4. Scrub down the bathroom lysol wiped daily, deep cleaned at least once a week - more if needed
5. Sterilize toys done on a rotating basis. So some are done almost every day.
6. Wash blankets used by the kids weekly
cots are also done weekly

I have 12 kids and 3 other teachers here with me daily.
Meyou 03:45 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep the carpet 2-3 times per day depending if we eat a snack or lunch outside
2. Mop the floor every day
3. Sterilize bottles (for those of you without dishwashers) dishwasher
4. Scrub down the bathroom Deep clean once a week but everything daily with disenfecting wipes
5. Sterilize toys weekly except for the baby toys that go in the dishwasher every other day
6. Wash blankets used by the kids weekly
I wash doorknobs, lightswitches and doorframes daily.
I wipe all my baseboards twice a week (dusty house)

I have 6 kids daily.
Koukla 03:58 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep the carpet ..I have a dog so 2 times a day
2. Mop the floor...everyday or every other if its not bad.
3. Sterilize bottles (for those of you without dishwashers)..Have a dishawasher
4. Scrub down the bathroom...Everyday potty training can make for a nasty bathroom lol
5. Sterilize toys...in the winter i toss all the baby plastic toys in a netting (like the ones you would use for washing delicates in the washer) and toss it in the top rack of my dishwasher and run it. .
6.Wash blankets used by the kids.. about twice a week
7. What other things do you clean on a regular basis? The glass slide door in the main room. all counters and my norm. everyday cleaning

I have 4 daycare kids at the moment
mom2many 04:14 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep the carpet:daily
2. Mop the floor: once a week minimum and sometimes daily if it needs it
3. Sterilize bottles (for those of you without dishwashers): I have a dishwasher
4. Scrub down the bathroom: daily with disinfectant
5. Sterilize toys: at the end of each day
6. Wash blankets used by the kids: daily
7. What other things do you clean on a regular basis?: I wipe down surfaces & disinfect booster seats after each meal. Door knobs, light switches, wood work, glass doors and stainless steel appliances are cleaned weekly along with dusting all surfaces

I have 8 kids in my care
sahm1225 04:47 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep the carpet: 3x/day - after every meal and at the end of the day
2. Mop the floor: dailly
3. Sterilize bottles (for those of you without dishwashers): I have a dishwasher
4. Scrub down the bathroom: daily with lysol wipe
5. Sterilize toys: We have a rotating schedule of which toys get cleaned so it averages out to at least once a week
6. Wash blankets used by the kids: once a week or more if soiled
7. What other things do you clean on a regular basis?:
All the highchairs get sanitized daily, fridge and all door handles get cleaned everyday, diaper pails cleaned daily and soaked in a clorox solution once a week (I have lots of babies and man does it smell!), clean inside of daycare fridge once a week, and we wash the bibs and wash rags daily.

I have 8-12 kids in my care and a full time assistant
mismatchedsocks 06:06 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep the carpet: Vacuum every Friday ( but we eat over a large mat which I wipe at least 3 times a day!)
2. Mop the floor: Once a week, but do alot of wiping up and sweeping.
4. Scrub down the bathroom: daily (or more since potty training!)with disinfectant wipes. Fridays with bleach.
5. Sterilize toys: at the end of each day ( throw mouthed babies toys in dishwasher), every Friday I wash a set amount of other toys, its rotating so each toy gets washed twice a month) Unless its sick time then way more often!
6. Wash blankets used by the kids: End of the day on Friday
7. What other things do you clean on a regular basis?: Everyday I wipe doorknobs, lightswithes, wipe the tops of all the tables, wash/load dishwasher, I also wipe the walls on Fridays.

( can you tell Friday is my free day for the kids, and I work during the day with most of this, so I dont have to do on weekend or Friday night.

I have 8 kids ages newborn to age 12 daily.
SilverSabre25 06:09 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep downstairs daily (playroom) and upstairs weekly
2. Mop kitchen and naproom/hallway/half playroom weekly
3. Sterilize bottles: never (have dishwasher, send bottles home, AND no babes atm)
4. Scrub bathroom weekly, but need to do it more often
5. Sterilize not often enough, but we have older kids
6. Wash blankets weekly
7. Other cleaning happens weekly, mostly. I try to get it all done on Friday/Saturday (I have one dcb on Saturdays)
Danielle 06:17 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep the carpet: I have hardwood floors so I sweep atleast twice a day.
2. Mop the floor: Once a week...with spot cleaning through out the week
3. Sterilize bottles (for those of you without dishwashers): Never..no babies right now and when I have babies, bottles go home with them.
4. Scrub down the bathroom: atleast once daily...my son is learning to stand up and pee
5. Sterilize toys: Not often unless someone's sick
6. Wash blankets used by the kids: Every weekend
7. What other things do you clean on a regular basis? We do a normal whole house cleaning every weekend.

I just have my 2 kids (2 and 3) and 2yr old dck.
PitterPatter 07:29 PM 08-20-2011
1. Sweep the carpet - Daily in the evening usually unless needed
2. Mop the floor - Every evening
3. Sterilize bottles (for those of you without dishwashers) - No babies
4. Scrub down the bathroom - Twice per week but sink and toilet are wiped down daily.
5. Sterilize toys - I have toddlers and up no mouthing so once per month I take a couple hours on the weekend and get most down. The larger toys I just wipe off as we go or as needed. If the kids have colds then it's weekly at least if not daily depending on what was played with. Ugh I dread it's coming soon.
6. Wash blankets used by the kids - Every Friday

Door knobs, railings, door frames, light switches, chairs, tables, etc wiped down daily with lysol wipes. The windows in the play room and front glass door I try to do daily as well but doesn't always get done.

Are we counting the outdoor play space like the lawn and decks? I cut the grass once per week unless it gets high due to rains. Outdoor toys get hosed down as needed and scrubbed with soap maybe once per month. The deck gets swept almost daily, cleaned and hosed down every 2 weeks or so. The tables get cleaned daily.

I have 4 kids here ages 2 - 9yrs
Tags:chores, cleaning, daycare chores
Reply Up