Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Notice For Days You're Closed?
Breezy 10:36 AM 06-11-2012
I will be closed Tuesday June 26th as my aunt will be in town and we are driving up to see her. My families have known about this but not the specific day. Just the week it will be happening.

How much notice do you usually give?
Heidi 10:42 AM 06-11-2012
I tell them when I know. If it's a month ahead, fine. If it's a week, fine. Usually it's a few weeks in advance (unless it's a sick day).
daycare123 10:44 AM 06-11-2012
I try to give atleast a months notice. I think a few weeks would suffice too.
MyAngels 10:59 AM 06-11-2012
I try to give as much notice as I can, but I've done everything from months in advance to the night before.

In this case you're giving them two weeks, which should be plenty of time.
Rachel 03:28 AM 06-12-2012
I'm required to give 2 weeks, but I tell them as soon as I know for sure I am not going to change my mind on the day.
saved4always 04:20 AM 06-12-2012
I always tried to give at least 2 weeks. I would let them know in writing as soon as I knew, though, so it was often longer. In the case of doctor appts that couldn't wait or something like that, I would let them know as soon as I could and I would offer my friend as back up because of the little warning.
DCMom 04:26 AM 06-12-2012
I give my families a list of vacation/holidays for the year in January. For something like this that is 'unscheduled', I give them as much notice as possible. I also do it in several ways ~ email, note on the parent board, mention in the newsletter. As it gets closer, a note right on the entrance door so there is no 'You're closed tomorrow?!?'
Breezy 05:34 AM 06-12-2012
I told DCM of my PT screamer yesterday that I am closed that day. Like I said, she had already been told that one of those days at the end of the month we would be doing this. And since it is 2 weeks out, she doesn't even have her schedule yet for that week. She usually gives me her schedule a few days in advance for the week. Like this week I had DCG yesterday and then I have her on Sunday and that's it. So it may not even affect her.

Anyways, I sent a text to her and she usually texts me right back with anything else but I heard nothing back from her!
LittleD 06:07 AM 06-12-2012
My rule of thumb is to give at least 1 week for every consecutive day in a row I'm off. (for spur of the moment time off)

If I know sooner, I tell them sooner.
My3cents 06:28 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:
I give my families a list of vacation/holidays for the year in January. For something like this that is 'unscheduled', I give them as much notice as possible. I also do it in several ways ~ email, note on the parent board, mention in the newsletter. As it gets closer, a note right on the entrance door so there is no 'You're closed tomorrow?!?'
This is what I do. Exactly!!!
Reply Up