Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer School Age Care
lucky 11:25 AM 03-21-2011
It is my policy to only care for children up to Kindergarten entry. It is in my policies that I may consider a school age child with a sibling if I have room. My dilemma is I have a child with a school age sibling who doesn't get along with my son at all. Mom has just assumed this dcg will be coming this summer because she did last summer. I really don't want to deal with the two of them disagreeing all summer long. How should I approach this? I am so bad at confrontation. Suggestions please
SimpleMom 11:28 AM 03-21-2011
Ask her where the school ager will be attending this summer? if she says at your home, let her know that you don't have the room.
AnythingsPossible 12:07 PM 03-21-2011
Is she your only school age child? If so, tell mom the following; Due to current enrollment, school age spots will not be available this summer.
lucky 05:22 AM 03-22-2011
No. I have one other school age sibling who I don't mind having. She is well behaved and gets along with everyone.
missnikki 06:44 AM 03-22-2011
I would be straightforward, and tell her that you are not sure how it will work out since you've noticed that they don't get along. I would offer to 'give it a try on a trial basis' to see if things have improved, because they may have.

That way, you are drawing attention to the potential problem without being confrontational. She may even ask you what you mean, and you can tell her that they disagree so often that it can get in the way of enjoying their summer. Let that marinate with her, and you can come up with terms of behavior before summer starts.
Tags:school-age, summer - school age
Reply Up