Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Coupons
My Daycare 05:04 PM 01-13-2011
I was just wondering how you enter items if you used coupons for those products? For example, I bought Dishwasher Tablets, but after manufacturers coupons, I didn't really pay anything for them.
QualiTcare 07:48 PM 01-13-2011
hmmm....

where can i get one of those coupons?

i wouldn't think if you paid ZERO for something you would need to worry about it at all.
legomom922 03:33 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
hmmm....

where can i get one of those coupons?

i wouldn't think if you paid ZERO for something you would need to worry about it at all.
Why would you write something off that you got for free?
My Daycare 04:22 AM 01-14-2011
I probably would not write it off in that situation, and I haven't, but it was the easiest example that I had. I guess a better example would be if I bought a whole bunch of things on one receipt and I had a manufacturers coupon for $5 off anything in the store. Say I spent $10 and some stuff was business and some personal. Do I then divide the coupon by the number of items and then minus that amount from the total of each business item?

I'm just kind of confused because some receipts don't say what item the coupon was for. Although most of the time I can use my best judgement.
legomom922 04:53 AM 01-14-2011
LOL I guess I put put the coupon towards personnal stuff first, because its your personnal coupon? If you bought $7 worth of personnal stuff, then just write off $3 of DC stuff. I wouldnt worry about too much, because you would only need to produce the reciept or answer to it IF you get audited.
TomCopeland 01:46 PM 01-14-2011
If the coupons were used to purchase business items, reduce the cost of the item by the amount of the coupon before deducting it.

If the coupons were used to purchase personal items, you don't get to deduct anything personal so it doesn't matter.

If the coupons were used to purchase personal and business items, subtract the coupon from the cost of the shared items before multiplying by your t/s %.

You could assign the coupon to the personal item on your receipt and deduct the full amount of the business items on the receipt.

Wow, folks are getting very creative here.
legomom922 02:12 PM 01-16-2011
LOL, well I was thinking that if you have a $5 off coupon for any total purchase of $20, I would put the $5 coupon towards my personnal stuff, and write off the rest at reg pricing.
kidscare 04:59 AM 07-19-2012
I think in printable coupon you have to make sure it is not expire and in online coupons you must see whether if its not expires and the website from where you are going to use it is trustworthy.
Tags:coupons, tom copeland
Reply Up