Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Theme This Week
kcnjason 08:31 PM 04-22-2012
What are other HOME childcare preschools doing for a theme/letter this week? April 23-27? I was thinking of the letter K and Kites.....looking to hear what others are doing
Countrygal 05:20 AM 04-23-2012
We have ongoing themes right now on the calendar and days of the week, and are also working on colonial times. The next theme I am going to start is dolphins. We watched "A Dolphin's Tale" on movie day and it sparked a little interest in dolphins, so......

Kites sounds like a good theme!
Unregistered 12:22 PM 04-23-2012
"The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is our book for the next 2 weeks. Building off from that we'll learn about caterpillars and butterflies. We got the caterpillars from insect lore and they are loving watching them as they grow!
We'll also study other bugs, days of the week, healthy foods...so much to learn about in that book!
I don't do letters of the week anymore. Here's one link to back up my reasoning
http://www.pre-kpages.com/lotw/
SilverSabre25 12:56 PM 04-23-2012
We have been off the preschool learning for awhile now...i'm about to jump back in with birds, gardening, and the post office. Thank you, DD, for the post office theme...she seems to think that the postal service is like email!!

(Micheal, we need a head-desk smiley :P)
Michael 04:06 PM 04-23-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
We have been off the preschool learning for awhile now...i'm about to jump back in with birds, gardening, and the post office. Thank you, DD, for the post office theme...she seems to think that the postal service is like email!!

(Micheal, we need a head-desk smiley :P)
I have no idea what a "head-desk smiley" would look like. What is that?
Breezy 09:35 PM 04-23-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I have no idea what a "head-desk smiley" would look like. What is that?
Someone hitting their head on their desk!
Countrygal 05:12 PM 04-24-2012
I like the one where you're throwing your computer out the window, too!
Tags:themes
Reply Up