Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is Anyone A Part Of A MOPS Group Or MOMS Group?
MNMum 05:36 PM 05-23-2012
Wondering if anyone has joined one of these groups while doing daycare. I was in a MOPS group many years ago and enjoyed having time to talk with other women, uninterrupted. We moved about a year ago. I've had a hard time becoming friends with the new neighbors. We are in a new development so all the families are similar. Married, 30's-young 40's, 2-3 young children. I'm not part of the SAHM clique or the working mom clique. However, don't know how well I would be accepted into one of these groups either. Someone suggested I join a knitting group...guess I'm looking for ideas on getting to know other moms.
KBCsMommy 07:45 PM 05-23-2012
Im not in a mops group, but i went to a weekly mom and baby group for 2 years before I did daycare.

I met some of my best girlfriends at my moms group.

I still go when I have only 1 or 2 kids!!

That being said, if I ever moved I would definately join some kind of mom or meetup group!!
blueclouds29 06:00 AM 05-24-2012
i'm in one and i love it! They just switched from MOPS to MOMS. So no matter how old your kids are you can be in it. I love my group. They are even bringing me meals this week after i just had a baby last week. They are taking good care of me! Its an awesome group to get away and be with other moms that understand!!
Kim 09:56 AM 05-24-2012
I belong to a wonderful group of moms through The Mommies Network. They are a national moms group but have local chapters so you are in a group with moms in your area. I have met some wonderful women over the years. I joined when I was a SAHM before I started daycare. I don't get out to events much these days with having daycare kiddos all day but love chatting on the forums with everyone.

http://www.themommiesnetwork.org/
Tags:groups, support
Reply Up