Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance American Web Loan LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Daycare.com Member

Question How Much do you Charge for Drop in Per Day?

I normal do not accept drop in but I will do it once a while. A neighbor of mine just wanted to drop her 5 years old son off at my house for about two hours. I can't figure it out how much it should be. I know most of providers charged $20-$40 a day for full time in my area (McKinney Texas). Please let me know... Thanks!!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I normally do drop ins at $30.00 per child per day. I don't do 2 hr. days, but I guess, is $10.00 worth it for you? I do a 1/2 day rate up to 4 /2 hrs. at $20.00 per day per child.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

I charge $33 a day for drop in or just 1 day a week of care. I would charge a minimum of $10 for those 2 hours. I would do 2 hours because some parents just need to run somewhere, especially SAHM's.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare View Post
I normally do drop ins at $30.00 per child per day. I don't do 2 hr. days, but I guess, is $10.00 worth it for you? I do a 1/2 day rate up to 4 /2 hrs. at $20.00 per day per child.
I charge $5/hr with a 4-hour minimum or $40/day. I quickly decided that $10 wasn't worth it for me so that's why I have a 4-hour minimum now. I have one family that still comes for 2 hours every Thursday but that was before I made the change.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Family Childcare Home

I do drop in all of the time and I charge $5 an hour. I have my regulars (4 children) and my daughter. I purposely have left one spot open because we're trying for another baby and I'd hate to take someone knowing this only to drop them later. The four that I do have don't always come in at the same time so drop-in care works for me because I don't have to guarantee a spot for those children that come in as drop-ins but it's still extra income that I wouldn't get if I didn't do drop-in hourly. Most of the drop-ins that I take are here because mom & dad have errands, date night, appointments etc. so they don't need more than a few hours. $5 an hour is worth it to me since I wouldn't have anybody in that spot anyway and I only get $3.00 an hour for a full-time child of 6. At $5 an hour I get paid more hourly than I would weekly and the parents come to me because I am still cheaper than paying a teenager $10 an hour to babysit their kids. If i'm going to work anyway I might as well get an extra $10
Old 03-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

for infants I do 40 a day for toddlers or older 30 a day and for for a few hours I do 7 an hour
Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thank you so much! It sounds reasonable price. I will do charge $5 an hour.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:49 AM

I charge 30 a day for drop in.

Tags
charge, drop in care