Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default MUST Haves for the Daycare?

Hi everyone! I start my licensing paperwork next week and I already have my first kid lined up for June 28th My main daycare room is coming together but I'd love to have your input. I will have 3-5 year olds (or potty trained 2s). What toys/supplies do you think are absolutely necessary (either the kids FAVORITES and/or very helpful to you for teaching). This is what I have so far...
-computer
-lego table which doubles as a regular table
-keyboard
-building blocks
-train tracks
-playdough and accessories
-magnetic letters and numbers
-dry erase boards
-easel for painting/chalkboard

I'd love to hear other ideas! Thanks!!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I haven't done care for little ones in awhile, but I know that most have a play kitchen with food, dishes, etc. Kids love to play house!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

my kids LOVE art supplies, paper crayons markers, stickers, envelopes, bingo daubers, stamp pads, glitter glue, playdough, the big dry erase board, kitchen and dress up, books (lots of books!) the marble run, magnets, magnifying glasses, view masters, potato heads, my little ponies, the train table, cars, trucks, cardboard blocks, unit blocks, tinker toys, lacing cards,the sensory table, a cookie sheet with magnetic letters, puzzles, math manipulatives to count and sort(like those little plastic teddy bears) the dollhouse...geez... i could go on forever.

Tags
daycare necessities, start a daycare, start up cost