Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Daycare.com Senior Member

Default Crying 9 Mo Old

My almost 9 mo old dcb has been crying alot lately. Whenever I try to put him down he cries, he cries when he gets up from his naps, (if I try putting him down), you'd think he'd be happy after his naps, I dont' rush in there to get him when he wakes up. Is this just a 9 mo old thing? What do you do just put him down and let him cry, or do you place him back in bed? It is so annoying, picking him up works but I have 2 babies plus all the other kids I can't just hold him all day. Im hoping it's just a phase and it will pass.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:30 AM

My bet is teething or separation anxiety. My biggest money lies with separation anxiety. 9-12 months is a peak age for it, then it peaks again around 18-20 months.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Daycare.com Senior Member

That's exactly what I was thinking, I had been doing a little reading on it and that's what I found. Hope it goes by fast
Old 10-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

Smile i hear ya!

I actually had my first day today with a 9 month old dcg. She was so stinking cute, but she cried off and on, and wanted to be held constantly....it was alot harder for me to deal with my two kids as it was a holiday and no school. hopefully tomorrow will be a whole lot easier!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Ugh, my 9 mo dcb is impossible too. He is HUGE and wants to be held all the time (when I say huge, I mean HUGE. Like 33 pounds!!!) and he won't sleep. He sleeps on average about 20 minutes in a 10 hour day!! Yeah, not kidding. He used to be such a good baby. He is a complete nightmare now.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

It does sound like seperation anxiety! The only time the child is happy is when they are held!! I have had to let 2 babies go, because of this in the past. It is not fair to you or to the other children in daycare. I have had others start screaming, because of the one screaming!! I even gave them each a 3rd week, to see if they would calm down a bit, no it didn't get any better!! UGHHH!!!!!!!

Tags
crying, separation anxiety