Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:47 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Water Temperature

Having my water temperature where the state wants it requires us all to have freezing cold showers.

Are there any solutions?
Old 10-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I had a plumber install some devices in the line to the sinks that the kids use to regulate the water temperature there. I did this a number of years ago, and it was several hundred dollars, including the valves, but worth it to me.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:17 AM
Daycare.com Member

Im having the same problem! Drives me nuts. Can't we just turn the hot water valve off under the sink while the kids are here? Or is it a regulation that they need warm water?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

We have a tankless water heater and that seems to keep the water warm enough when we need it, keeping it at 120 degrees.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Daycare Member

I purchased a faucet for the daycare bathroom at Home Depot a few years ago that has an adjustment on it that you can turn to alter how hot the water gets. It has been very handy and have not had any problems with it.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

I just spoke to our plumber about this a couple of weeks ago. I have one sink that is accessible for children. The plumber can install a regulator on that sink for $268, labor and parts.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoDaycareMom View Post
I purchased a faucet for the daycare bathroom at Home Depot a few years ago that has an adjustment on it that you can turn to alter how hot the water gets. It has been very handy and have not had any problems with it.
WyoDaycareMom, do you recall how much this faucet cost you? Was it easy to install?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

If you could tell me which faucet this is I'd really appreciate it. I need it!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:07 AM

can you not just shut the valve off under the sink, its not like the kids are going to play there, and I usually keep the door closed.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymom View Post
can you not just shut the valve off under the sink, its not like the kids are going to play there, and I usually keep the door closed.
We can not do this we must have hot water for the sink not just cold.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

ohh found it~ our state says
water temp of the bathroom sink must be at least 100 but no greater than 120
Old 11-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Daycare Member

It's been a few years, not 100% sure of the cost, but I know it was under $100.00. It is an American Standard faucet and was as easy to install as any faucet is. There is a regulator on the bottom that you turn till it is at the temp that you want. It was a very easy solution to a big problem! Again, we bought it at Home Depot.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Daycare.com Member

Oh.my.gosh I would die! I am fortunate to not have to be licensed in my state because I would have severe issues with this. I like HOT showers. I can understand where they are coming from and I could understand further in centers but in a home daycare, it's a little ridiculous.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
It's been a few years, not 100% sure of the cost, but I know it was under $100.00. It is an American Standard faucet and was as easy to install as any faucet is. There is a regulator on the bottom that you turn till it is at the temp that you want. It was a very easy solution to a big problem! Again, we bought it at Home Depot.

This thread was months ago but I just recently found a reminder to myself to look this up. I can't find it anywhere. Maybe I don't know what it's called and that's why I'm having trouble googling. I looked for temperature controlled faucets, american standard temperature faucet, temperature regulator, etc. and no luck. Do you have the model number?

Does anyone else have one of these? Maybe a different brand? I would love to get one provided it's not too expensive.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Child Care Provider

I just went to the Home Depot web site trying to find it also. This is all I came up with so far. This is called a MOEN Rough-in Posi-Temp Pressure Balancing Cycling Valve with Stops which is $78.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...88&R=100079588

Here is another thing I found that might be it as well. This one is called a MOEN Rough-in Posi-Temp Pressure Balancing Cycling Valve and is only $64.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Last edited by Abigail; 02-17-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
I just went to the Home Depot web site trying to find it also. This is all I came up with so far. This is called a MOEN Rough-in Posi-Temp Pressure Balancing Cycling Valve with Stops which is $78.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...88&R=100079588

Here is another thing I found that might be it as well. This one is called a MOEN Rough-in Posi-Temp Pressure Balancing Cycling Valve and is only $64.

I have them installed in my house. Its alot of work if you have to take the wall down. We acually did this so when you flush the toilet you don't end up with scalding water and my kids can't use all the hot water. Its really worth it.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:08 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am a hot shower person. My husband always wonders how I still have skin left. Now that our water temp is below 120 degrees, I can't enjoy it, let alone take a bath!

I'm going to Home Depot this weekend!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Unregistered

I just found this one....

Old 02-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

This is what I have in my downstairs bathroom and under our handwashing sink. It is fairly simple to install and is a lot cheaper than some of the other alternatives out there.

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/W...fhu=3733363839
Old 03-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Default Free fix for water being too hot!

We had the same problem, and my solution was FREE! We have a single handle faucet in our bathroom sink. I took the handle off and discovered there were stops on the handle to keep you from being able to turn the handle too far left or right. I stuck two pieces of glue stick in the handle (to make the stops bigger). So now you can not turn the water all the way to hot. Just to warm. It was really easy.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
we had the same problem, and my solution was free! We have a single handle faucet in our bathroom sink. I took the handle off and discovered there were stops on the handle to keep you from being able to turn the handle too far left or right. I stuck two pieces of glue stick in the handle (to make the stops bigger). So now you can not turn the water all the way to hot. Just to warm. It was really easy.
neat!!!!!!!!! :d
Old 03-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Celebrating Daily!

Crazy as it might sound I run the dishwasher or laundry washer when I want a great shower. They both use cold water so the cold water is being diverted and I get a hotter shower Haven't figured out the bath issue though.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:59 PM
momatheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
Anythings possible

Tags
temperature, water safety