Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Box Tops for Education

Does anyone collect these?? My sons homeschool group is having a contest, the person with the most boxtops get a yeal of free registration at their umbrella school and $200 for books!!

I have 300...but I doubt it's anywhere near enough to win

If anyone has any they don't need I'll buy them off of you!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Don't have any now. Ummmm, what are they LOL. My last kid graduated 9 years ago, LOL. I would be happy to send you (free) any I could get. How long do you have to collect them?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have some. I am also still collecting them. Like pp how long till they need to be in?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have to mail them in by February 10th, I sent in 278, I have about 30 more, a friend of mine is sending me 25, I need to be living off of cereal for the next few weeks haha
Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

i collect them also. i checked ebay out of curiosity and the going rate seems to be about 50 box tops for $5 - there are tons of listings.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Child Care Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillybean83 View Post
Does anyone collect these?? My sons homeschool group is having a contest, the person with the most boxtops get a yeal of free registration at their umbrella school and $200 for books!!

I have 300...but I doubt it's anywhere near enough to win

If anyone has any they don't need I'll buy them off of you!
Does the school have a chart they track to see who is in the lead? I can't believe people sell those on ebay, LOL, but I guess I shop ebay for coupons! I have some, but maybe only 25. I get most of mine from totinos pizzas and kleenex boxes. I'll be more than happy to send them to you. If anyone else mails you any, just be sure they are flat in the envelope or else the post office will want extra postage for a fat envelope.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

There is a website that tracks them...I'm currently in 8th place, 5th place gets a free year of registration...I'm 72 box tops away! lol
Old 01-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Daycare Member

I sent you some on tues or wed...i think there was around 25 in there!! Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Daycare Member

I have #30 that I'd be happy to send to you - just PM me with your address
Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 AM
Advanced Daycare Member

They are on a ton of things: some feminine hygiene products, toilet paper (not sure what brand?), yoplait kids yogurt, some betty crocker mix products, some cereals (mostly general mills I think), cereal bars boxes, fruit snacks, refrigerated cookie dough (pillsbury), kleenex brand tissues, etc. I am amazed at how many we collect. Our kids' school collects them 2x a year & we typically have about 100 or so for each of our kids to take in. I'd share some but our kids get prizes for taking them to school.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

this is so ridiculous I had to share it...I was in walmart the other day, there was a lady taking the labels off of binders, I was watching her like wth...maybe she's a bit slow or something?? NO...she was *stealing* the boxtops!!!

I want to win my competition and all but I'm not about to run around stealing labels that is just pathetic!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Advanced Daycare Member

Quote:
this is so ridiculous I had to share it...I was in walmart the other day, there was a lady taking the labels off of binders, I was watching her like wth...maybe she's a bit slow or something?? NO...she was *stealing* the boxtops!!!

I want to win my competition and all but I'm not about to run around stealing labels that is just pathetic!
Now that is sad!!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Daycare.com Member/Mod

Quote:

OMG!! This must be the same lady I saw last weekend at my Wal-mart stealing all the coupons off the boxes of speghetti noodles!! She was just standing there peeling every coupon off box after box and returning the boxes to the shelf.....I just walked away shaking my head wondering WTH? is wrong with people? If you have to resort to basically stealing to save 50cents then you definately have some issues!!

Oh, the original reason for this post was to tell you to PM me your address I have some boxtops for you.... and I didn't steal them!! LOL!.....I asked my dcp's if they had any and they brought me some...
Old 01-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

ROFL at the spaghetti noodle coupon thief.

I will confess, I peel a coupon off a small bag of chex mix to use on a bigger bag of chex mix!!! But I didn't take ALL the coupons! lol

Thanks Blackcat!!! I appreciate it!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:55 AM
Unregistered

Default boxtops for education

I save the boxtops for education - don't know why as my sons are all grown but I would be happy to mail them to the first person to respond to this - just send your mailing address to me or your schools address - whatever you prefer. themarinosnj@comcast.net

Tags
box tops, coupons