Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Laundry "Time" Question
legomom922 05:24 AM 02-28-2011
How do you claim the time spent on laundry? Sorting, folding putting away DC stuff?

I mean we only can claim the time it takes us to put the clothes into the washer and dryer right? Not the time it takes to wash and dry the items right?

So it takes me 2 min to empty & sort & 3 minutes to put the stuff in the washer and 2 minutes to take out and put into the dryer, and another 2 minutes to take out of the dryer, and 15 to fold, and 10 min to put away, I am looking at 35 minutes worked for DC reasons. Is this correct?
Cat Herder 05:32 AM 02-28-2011
I don't claim much of the time at all, if done during open hours. I only record the stuff I must do after closing....

I must be missing alot of time I could claim...

You got the gears turning now... DH and I are looking forward to tonights seminar... My teens, not so much.....
legomom922 05:36 AM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I don't claim much of the time at all, if done during open hours. I only record the stuff I must do after closing....

I must be missing alot of time I could claim...

You got the gears turning now... DH and I are looking forward to tonights seminar... My teens, not so much.....
I am in the habit of doing my laundry every monday night, so I can fold everything while I watch the bachleor and not feel guilty for sitting my butt down for 2 hrs! So if you want to claim your laundry time, do it at night during the time you watch tv.
Lilbutterflie 07:51 AM 02-28-2011
A half hour is exactly what I claim for daycare laundry. I do it on the weekends, not business hours.
TomCopeland 09:00 AM 02-28-2011
Counting time to fold, sort, put clothes in and out of the washer and dryer you can can count. Standing in front of the washer and dryer for an hour while it washes and drys - no.
Tags:deduction - laundry, laundry, tom copeland
Reply Up