Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paper Towels Or Kleenex Hand Towels
Country Kids 04:28 PM 06-28-2011
I was wondering what everyone uses to wipe the hands off after washing them. I usually use paper towels but it is such a mess and then the SA use so many off them plus they are every where because I have no way of putting in a paper towel holder. Does anyone use the new hand towels by Kleenex. They come in a box and it looks like they can be put on the counter or propped up. I was thinking maybe there would be a way of attaching it to the wall.
youretooloud 05:03 PM 06-28-2011
Do you have to use disposables? Can't you use hand towels?
youretooloud 05:07 PM 06-28-2011
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80010222

I know a lot of providers use these with reusable hand towels in them, then they keep a basket next to the sink to throw the used ones in to be washed.

Cute cotton napkins would be cheap and the right size to reuse.

http://www.reuseit.com/store/people-...on-p-2202.html I have a set of these, and really like them, but, you'd need several sets. People also like those Blue reusable towels that can be thrown away after a few uses. They are in any grocery store, but, I can't remember the name of them.
WImom 05:39 PM 06-28-2011
I use white washcloths I got at Target/Kohls. They come in packs. The kids throw them in a waste bin and then I wash them. It works great.
e.j. 05:45 PM 06-28-2011
I have 6 hooks on the back of my bathroom door. I hang a different colored washcloth on each hook. Each child has been assigned a color so each child uses his/her own washcloth for the day to dry their hands. I put new ones up for the next day and wash the dirty ones.
SunflowerMama 06:30 PM 06-28-2011
We use individual hand towels. Ikea sells the perfect size towels with different color hanging tags. They are great and each child has their own. They hang in the bathroom.
PitterPatter 06:44 PM 06-28-2011
I have a roll of paper towels hanging for the kids at their level and good hand towels higher on the opposite side for adults. Of course the adults are welcome to the kids paper towels too. Sometimes I prefer it because I have seen adults just rinse their fingertips then dry them on a towel. When I notice that the towel is replaced immediately. They are replaced daily anyway but I prefer the kids use paper. I have visited peoples homes where the edge of the towel is visibly soiled/dirty I wish everyone gave the paper/cotton option.

I wanted the Kleenex pop up but it's a lil too pricey, especially when I have kids wasting towels.
Abigail 07:10 PM 06-28-2011
We use a multi-fold/C-fold (don't know the difference) paper towel dispenser. You can buy the dispenser at Sam's Club for about $20 and you can buy 4,000 count paper towels ($24) that are pre-folded to put inside. The paper towels all come out one at a time and since you just pull on the paper towel to come out, the next paper towel hangs down to pull that too.....meaning no batteries or plug ins required. All our kids ages 2+ can reach it and we have never had issues with them taking more than one.
MN Day Mom 07:20 PM 06-28-2011
Here is what I do.... I converted my tub/shower into storgage.... behind the curtains we put a platform over the tub and on it we set up those wire cube shelves... I store diapers, sheets, blankets, spare clothes, towels etc behind it. Lower I hung another shower bar and put gromets in towels that I bought at costco... made and laminated name tags for each towel....
Attached: june 2011 304.jpg (101.8 KB) 
55CMK83 07:22 PM 06-28-2011
I use CFold paper towels as well from Sams Club
littlemissmuffet 12:21 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by MN Day Mom:
Here is what I do.... I converted my tub/shower into storgage.... behind the curtains we put a platform over the tub and on it we set up those wire cube shelves... I store diapers, sheets, blankets, spare clothes, towels etc behind it. Lower I hung another shower bar and put gromets in towels that I bought at costco... made and laminated name tags for each towel....
Super cool!
Tags:hand towels, kleenex, paper towels
Reply Up