Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Budget Problems In Illinois
mrsyecker 01:10 PM 07-11-2011
I am a provider in Illinois and I just found out they are unsure when June payments will go out It will be a nice payday when they get all caught up but in the mean time I could cry from no payment. I hope all providers in every state get there money soon!
KEG123 01:29 PM 07-11-2011
When/where did you hear this? where in IL are you?
mrsyecker 02:58 PM 07-11-2011
I called the hotline to check on my June payments and there was an automated message. I am near Galesburg Illinois
Sugar Magnolia 03:10 PM 07-11-2011
Oh no! Illinois now too? Things are bad in FL, but not to the point of not paying....yet. Oh I do hope you get paid in a timely fashion....I'd be hard pressed to name any state where the children, the working poor, the sick and the disabled are NOT facing such hardships. Wish they'd just tax the millionaires and corporations before they stop programs for the needy. Tragic....thinking of you in Illinois....sorry
MyAngels 09:17 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by mrsyecker:
I called the hotline to check on my June payments and there was an automated message. I am near Galesburg Illinois
This is only my second month of having a family on the DHS system, so I'm not much of an authority, but that recording was on the system last month (for May payments) and I received my first check excactly when I thought I would (the third week of June). Hopefully it won't be an issue for June, either. The fiscal year ended June 30th, and Governor Quinn has signed the 2012 budget, so we're not in flux like the folks in Minnesota.
mrsyecker 04:40 AM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
This is only my second month of having a family on the DHS system, so I'm not much of an authority, but that recording was on the system last month (for May payments) and I received my first check excactly when I thought I would (the third week of June). Hopefully it won't be an issue for June, either. The fiscal year ended June 30th, and Governor Quinn has signed the 2012 budget, so we're not in flux like the folks in Minnesota.
The message the system gave me said June payments. I had no problem with getting my May payment. It said that they got the funding and will process June as soon as they can, no mail date is available at this time.
MyAngels 05:02 AM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by mrsyecker:
The message the system gave me said June payments. I had no problem with getting my May payment. It said that they got the funding and will process June as soon as they can, no mail date is available at this time.
How long have you had families on the state system? I hope that payment won't be a regular problem...

This is my first family, and I can understand now why so many providers don't want to deal with it. They certainly don't make it easy. I was really surprised when I found that they took out "non-member" union dues from my first check. I still haven't found anyone who can tell me about this "union" that I'm now paying dues to . Fortunately the family is great, and the child is wonderful, so that makes it easier .
mrsyecker 05:13 AM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
How long have you had families on the state system? I hope that payment won't be a regular problem...

This is my first family, and I can understand now why so many providers don't want to deal with it. They certainly don't make it easy. I was really surprised when I found that they took out "non-member" union dues from my first check. I still haven't found anyone who can tell me about this "union" that I'm now paying dues to . Fortunately the family is great, and the child is wonderful, so that makes it easier .
I have had families in the state system for over 6 months and this is the first time I have had a problem. For one of my state pay families the "non-member" union dues comes out and for the other family it does not?!?! I too can not find out the answers to that!
KEG123 06:34 AM 07-12-2011
YES!! I wondered why they were taking money out of my check for some sort of non member fees (I can't remember exactly) But forgot to ask the caseworker when I called. I didn't have a problem with getting May either. June should be here in the next week. The automated message last month said "They'd be up to 5 days late? being mailed" but no issues. This time I didn't hear them say they'd be late. I use the phone system to report my days.
MyAngels 12:14 PM 07-12-2011
If either of you find out anything about these dues could you post it here? I can't seem to get a call back from the CCRN for some reason .
Tags:bad economy, state budget
Reply Up