Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Idea for late parents....
cheerfuldom 12:58 PM 07-19-2011
Set your sprinklers to go off after pickup time every day. Parents need to pick up and be out the drive in 10 minutes or else! Contributed by my husband, feel free to use!
Angelwings36 01:02 PM 07-19-2011
LOL i love it! Except my sprinklers won't hit the drive way!
momma2girls 01:10 PM 07-19-2011
I love this!!!
MamaBear 01:17 PM 07-19-2011
I do this too!!!! My husbands idea also!!! hahaha... At 5:05 those sprinklers go crazy. Its so funny I love it!

Oh - and ours reach the driveway AND their nicely polished cars hehe
Kaddidle Care 01:29 PM 07-19-2011
hahaha! You guys are BAD! You just know it's gonna backfire on you don't you? Karma! She can be evil!
MissAnn 01:48 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Set your sprinklers to go off after pickup time every day. Parents need to pick up and be out the drive in 10 minutes or else! Contributed by my husband, feel free to use!
That is genius!
wdmmom 01:48 PM 07-19-2011
I've gone as far as having my vehicle out of the garage and in the driveway with the kids and the hub in the car with it running just to get a parent out of my driveway! We weren't going anywhere but it worked!

Of course I got the, "Oh...am I late?! (Looks at wrist but doesn't wear a watch. Duh look...ya know the one!) and the "Oh, it looks like Miss "X" is going somewhere, we should probably get going to." No really?!
cheerfuldom 02:07 PM 07-19-2011
okay so what I really do sometimes (haven't had to for awhile) is get the kid ready and we ALL wait outside on the porch for mom and I remind them what pickup time is and that junior was standing out there waiting for mom for X number of minutes and wondering where she was and asking for her. This only works for moms that care that their child is upset and wanting them. Works really well for some moms here especially when it is a little warm, cold, sprinkling or otherwise not perfect weather. You know no mother wants them to be even the slightest bit uncomfortable so this makes the point clear. (PS we have a covered porch, no I don't make the kids stand outside and get wet)
Crazy8 02:10 PM 07-19-2011
note to self: have sprinklers installed!!!
Michelle 02:14 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
That would only back fire on me!
I would get a parent calling me saying, "oh your sprinklers are on and I can't get little Johnny so make sure he eats dinner and I will be back later"
wdmmom 02:15 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I would get a parent calling me saying, "oh your sprinklers are on and I can't get little Johnny so make sure he eats dinner and I will be back later"
Isn't that the truth!!!
DaycareMama 02:19 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
Mine would thank me for washing their cars. Now they wouldn't have too

But I soooo love the idea!!!!!
Reply Up