Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Advanced Daycare.com

Default New DCG Starting In 2 Weeks

I've got a new baby starting in 2 weeks. She'll be 3 months old. (I haven't had a baby that little in a year!)

I met with the family last night to go eating habits, sleeping habits and everything in between.

I'm really anxious to get this baby in here but by the way DCM & DCD were talking, she is quite the handful.

She takes a prescription medication for reflux, she spits up excessively (apparently all day long), she doesn't like the bottle (being BF), she doesn't like belly time and she's colic.

I've dealt with babies that have reflux and spit up but not all day, everyday.

And as for sleeping...she naps 45 minutes at a time usually twice a day. Are you kidding me?! Oh...and she sleeps in a swing!

Does anyone have experience in working with demanding babies like this? Any suggestions? I went into this knowing that a baby will require more attention but I definitely didn't expect a 3 month old baby to need to be bounced when fussy and only nap an hour and a half all day either.

She is going to have a tough time conforming to our schedule...I'm certain of it.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

well keep in mind that you have done this before and your experience with babies will be a help. Even reflux, colicky babies can be helped and can certainly start napping more. But I would be prepared to give her a longer trial period and spend more time getting her on a schedule. The first thing to do is figure out how to get her out of that swing for napping.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

My last two babies were like this. After a little adjustment I got them sleeping for long stretches which their pafents were amazed at and called me the baby whisperer lol. Just stay calm and relaxed. I think that is huge with babies. These parents were very uptight and scared as first time parents and the babies felt that.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Provider and Parent

Tip: Puppy pads under cotton sheets will help save your bedding.

Start collecting extra sheets and new cloth diapers (for use as heavy duty spit up cloths).

You will handle it just fine, one day at a time, no worries.

Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think.

Tags
colic, reflux