Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG. DONE. Meeting And Termination On Friday
sahm2three 01:12 PM 12-28-2011
The naughty 2 year old is on his way out. Just so very done. He is causing so much stress and head ache. His newest issue is he puts food in his mouth and refuses to chew or swallow or spit it out. So since 11:45 he has had food in his mouth and refuses to swallow or spit it out. It is 2:10 now and we have not gotten a break because we weren't able to lie him down because of all of this. He likes that he is causing stress. That is just the most recent issue. And just the tip of the iceburg. So I am glad that the day has come.
countrymom 01:15 PM 12-28-2011
wow, that is a naughty kid. He seems like he likes to control you, not a good thing.
daycare 01:21 PM 12-28-2011
I would have performed a finger sweep, pulled the food out and moved on...

But I am not you, in your shoes and having to deal with all of the stuff taht you are having to, so easy for me to say....

How frustrating...../big hugs
sahm2three 01:24 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would have performed a finger sweep, pulled the food out and moved on...

But I am not you, in your shoes and having to deal with all of the stuff taht you are having to, so easy for me to say....

How frustrating...../big hugs
Oh, believe me, tried it. His mouth is clamped down so tight and when my assistant tried it he about bit her finger off! He is just a nightmare!
daycare 01:41 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Oh, believe me, tried it. His mouth is clamped down so tight and when my assistant tried it he about bit her finger off! He is just a nightmare!
lol....OMG ok funny but not funny...that is just nuts... I feel for you and this little guy... Children only know how to behave because they are allowed or taught to behave this way at home.... I hope that the parents see his dismissal as a wake up call....
mommiesherie 02:23 PM 12-28-2011
Oh wow!! Bless your heart!!!!!!! I think I am way more stubborn than he is and I would win that battle with him. Lol. Don't blame you for not dealing with it anymore. Sounds like parents need a good swift kick in the pants lol
MamaBearCW 02:47 PM 12-28-2011
I guess I would have offered all the kids a good treat. Tell him that he has to swallow what he has first. Then I would put the treat away. Man, that would be mean. But I would be doggone if a kid tried to take my finger off. :-) I would also let him go. You can't really take the liabilty of it. What if he does this and no one notices and he got choked while napping.
sahm2three 04:38 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by mommiesherie:
Oh wow!! Bless your heart!!!!!!! I think I am way more stubborn than he is and I would win that battle with him. Lol. Don't blame you for not dealing with it anymore. Sounds like parents need a good swift kick in the pants lol
I am pretty stubborn too, but it is one battle after the other and I am tired of fighting.
sahm2three 04:40 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBearCW:
I guess I would have offered all the kids a good treat. Tell him that he has to swallow what he has first. Then I would put the treat away. Man, that would be mean. But I would be doggone if a kid tried to take my finger off. :-) I would also let him go. You can't really take the liabilty of it. What if he does this and no one notices and he got choked while napping.
Have done that before too. Weird thing is, he gets so mad when I take his food away. And it isn't because he doesn't like what he is eating. I do think it is a control thing. I am just tired of fighting with a 2 year old.
Tags:termination - behavioral, terrible 2's
Reply Up