Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance American Web Loan LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Payment Reminders

Im so sick of having to ask for my money. Its the 3rd of January and 2 DCF still owe me money.

One of my DCM dropped her dd off, she usually leaves the check in the bag.
Well not today

What can I say in a text message to tell her that I need to be paid today before she picks up her dd, not thursday?

Without making me sound desperate, even though I am. I need a new fridge asap, mine crapped out on us and my hubby is going to get a new one off of kijiji.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Daycare.com Member/Mod

I would text her that you are sending a friendly reminder about her daycare payment as it is late and the late fees are adding up quick so you figured you'd let her know as a coutesy. After all, we wouldn't want those late fees to be bigger than what she owes you...
Old 01-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

I put up a sign every Friday to remind the parents. It simply states "Pay Day."
Old 01-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Provider and Parent

I'd most likely send a text asking "Sorry to bother you. I can't find my check in the bag. Did it fall out in your car"

Depending on what she texts back ("yes, it did. I'll get it to you tonight, sorry." gives her a chance to save face, possibly, if she just forgot ) I would make sure to state "DCK cannot come back without payment".

No pay no stay.

Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:25 AM

I would tally up the late fees and include it in a "now due" txt. Remind her that each day late is an extra x amount due.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps View Post
Im so sick of having to ask for my money. Its the 3rd of January and 2 DCF still owe me money.

Well not today

What can I say in a text message to tell her that I need to be paid today before she picks up her dd, not thursday?

Without making me sound desperate, even though I am. I need a new fridge asap, mine crapped out on us and my hubby is going to get a new one off of kijiji.
I charge $10/day fee for late payments. With me, she'd be on $30 by pick up, due immediately, in cash. If there was no payment by tomorrow morning, she'd recieve a term letter and sent on her merry way and her bill would be sent to collections immediately!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherder View Post
I'd most likely send a text asking "Sorry to bother you. I can't find my check in the bag. Did it fall out in your car"

Depending on what she texts back ("yes, it did. I'll get it to you tonight, sorry." gives her a chance to save face, possibly, if she just forgot ) I would make sure to state "DCK cannot come back without payment".

No pay no stay.
this is what I would do too. might even throw in a "since its already late" mention in there too.

Are you paid the first of the month? If so I'd post a reminder that if/when the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday that payment is required on the last scheduled day of care. I hate to say it but in a case like New Years when my kids were in preschool I'd often forget about making payment before the break and would just pay it on the 2nd or 3rd when we went back - but that meant thinking about it back on the 21st, 22nd, etc. and I just wasn't thinking that far ahead! Now, if this parent was just in on Friday then there is really no excuse!!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps View Post

Well not today

Just a simple "hey don't forget your payment of $$$ is due I just wanted to remind you so the fees don't start adding up. Have a good night"
Old 01-03-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherder View Post

No pay no stay.
I have one mom who forget occasionally. Since she works "in town" where my bank is, I texted her after she forgot once "could you possibly drop off the check at my bank when you're at lunch?" she said of course, since she forgot. The next time she forgot, she volunteered to do it. It's now happened 3x in 8 months. Saves me a 14 mile round trip, so yay!

She doesn't even need my bank account number, nor do I care about a receipt. I can look online anytime to make sure it got deposited ok.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Parent and Provider

I required my parents to leave me a postdated check for January tuition, dated 1/1/12. They all did and I was able to get to the bank today. I don't have kids until Thursday and have been off since Dec 16th
Old 01-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have had to start giving out "weekly daycare statements" every Friday because none of them could remember to pay me by Monday. Amazing how Monday can manage to sneak up on everyone each and every week. Since I started the statements I haven't had a problem. One more step for me but less headaches in the end. Good luck!

Sara
Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

I also send weekly invoices. Works awesome for me.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texascare View Post
I put up a sign every Friday to remind the parents. It simply states "Pay Day."
Interesting. Good idea, as I have this problem too. My payday is Monday and I'm waiting on payment from one family still!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseheadmama View Post
I have had to start giving out "weekly daycare statements" every Friday because none of them could remember to pay me by Monday. Amazing how Monday can manage to sneak up on everyone each and every week. Since I started the statements I haven't had a problem. One more step for me but less headaches in the end. Good luck!

Sara
I'm going to start sending out statements on the Friday after the Monday payday to include late fees.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:05 AM

I have parents that pay on opposite weeks. All pay in advance, every two weeks. I have a large note on my sign in sheet that says PAY DAY, with a
I have the Childs name written by hand on the note on their pay week.

Parents never forget and I never have to say anything.

Tags
payment issues