Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Share A Link For Craft Supplies
greenhouse 05:11 AM 01-11-2012
Where do you buy craft supplies on the cheap? Online or at a big box store? My little boys are starting to be able to do more in the way of art (16mo and 24 mo)
Cat Herder 05:30 AM 01-11-2012
www.orientaltrading.com

Check out the Teachers Resources section.

www.bettymills.com

Check out the office supplies section

www.discountschoolsupply.com

Check out any section
greenhouse 09:31 AM 01-11-2012
Just spent too much at oriental trading- Had to really rein myself in and delete some of my cart, it's was easy to go over board. I wish they had smaller quantities of some things. I have enough snowflake stickies to last my entire day care career. I got some colored tissue paper, glue sticks, card stock, bug stamps, stamp pads and adhesive snowflakes and adhesive cars. The boys will have a blast. Thanks for the links.
Sunchimes 04:16 AM 01-12-2012
http://www.sunshinecrafts.com/dept_v...th=KIDS&Page=1

I've ordered from them several times over the years. I've found them to be fast and reliable. Plus, they have good sales if you sign up for their notices.
REWALKER04 11:45 AM 01-27-2012
hobby lobby has great craft items and you can buy big or small items and alot of times you can get them 50 percent off !
Countrygal 01:26 PM 01-27-2012
enasco.com for those hard to find supplies or larger quantities!
itlw8 07:06 PM 01-29-2012
stock up at the back to school sales that is the best deals. Discount school supply has great products. Get on their mailing list and shop the clearence sales. If you avoid craft kits you save money and it is better for the children They need open ended art expreiences to develope creativity. so put together a craft kits

sissors, glue, stickers, paint, brushes, playdough, cookie cutters, assortment of paper, markers, crayons, make your own play dough
Heidi 07:32 PM 01-29-2012
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
Where do you buy craft supplies on the cheap? Online or at a big box store? My little boys are starting to be able to do more in the way of art (16mo and 24 mo)
What are you introducing to the toddlers, and how?

My 18mo toddlers do two things...crumple paper and eat crayons. I'd like to offer more options, but am not ready to do that without incredibly close supervision! I wish so much that I could just leave out an art center, and let them choose that, but am not willing to sacrifice my walls to the cause!
greenhouse 06:11 AM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:

My 18mo toddlers do two things...crumple paper and eat crayons. I'd like to offer more options, but am not ready to do that without incredibly close supervision! I wish so much that I could just leave out an art center, and let them choose that, but am not willing to sacrifice my walls to the cause!
I don't leave art supplies out. My 2 year old has been good with markers since 12 months. We don't do crayons, they are too yummy. We do chunky stamps, paint and glue stick collage. My dcb loves craft time. He gets overwhelmed with physical play, he would rather sit at the table and paint.
jenn 12:08 PM 01-30-2012
constructiveplaythings.com
Games, toys, craft supplies, they have it all!
MissK 02:40 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:

Originally Posted by greenhouse:
I don't leave art supplies out. My 2 year old has been good with markers since 12 months. We don't do crayons, they are too yummy. We do chunky stamps, paint and glue stick collage. My dcb loves craft time. He gets overwhelmed with physical play, he would rather sit at the table and paint.

totally love you guys...
Tags:art supplies, crafts, supplies
Reply Up