Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Think I Could Turn This Into A Parent Info Board?
wahmof3 09:42 AM 03-28-2012
http://www.zulily.com/p/primary-home...11.html?pos=3&

I have been looking for a dry erase type bulletin board to hang behind my front door for quite a while now. I just haven't found what I am looking for.

I saw this on zulily.com & wonder if I can transform it for daycare. Here is my idea:

Dry erase: important dates for the month.

Clear center pocket: the weeks menu.

Colored pockets important papers: permission to administer meds, newsletter, etc.

The only downside is it doesn't have the cork board & I need to get out my tape measurer out to get a visual of the size.

Do any of you have something like this?

I tried to add the pic but cant I am still having difficulty figuring out my mac computer lol
daycare 09:44 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
http://www.zulily.com/p/primary-home...11.html?pos=3&

I have been looking for a dry erase type bulletin board to hang behind my front door for quite a while now. I just haven't found what I am looking for.

I saw this on zulily.com & wonder if I can transform it for daycare. Here is my idea:

Dry erase: important dates for the month.

Clear center pocket: the weeks menu.

Colored pockets important papers: permission to administer meds, newsletter, etc.

The only downside is it doesn't have the cork board & I need to get out my tape measurer out to get a visual of the size.

Do any of you have something like this?

I tried to add the pic but cant I am still having difficulty figuring out my mac computer lol
the link takes you to log in site not a picture of what you are describing...
wahmof3 09:46 AM 03-28-2012
Fiddlesticks!!! I will try to get the pic on here, thanks for letting me know!
daycare 09:56 AM 03-28-2012
IF YOU WANT TO post a pic go advanced and then click on manage attachments
then click choose file and then upload the file...

once you see it loaded, click out of that box and you will see it posted under attach files... then click POST!! hope this helps
Attached: sock monkey.jpg (16.7 KB) 
wahmof3 09:59 AM 03-28-2012
I can't get the pic to upload, it keeps saying invalid file & I can't figure out how to convert it to jpg

Here is a another link of it:

http://www.mommyramblings.org/2011/0...mmy-ramblings/
MrsB 10:05 AM 03-28-2012
I have something similar to what I think you are thinking of.

A couple of my parents love it, but most of them totally ignore it so most info I want to tell them I send by email or physically hand to them. The ones that tend to ignore it are the ones that I want quick transations at drop off and pick up anyways so its all good.
wahmof3 10:11 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
I have something similar to what I think you are thinking of.

A couple of my parents love it, but most of them totally ignore it so most info I want to tell them I send by email or physically hand to them. The ones that tend to ignore it are the ones that I want quick transations at drop off and pick up anyways so its all good.
Thats what I am afraid of, the parents ignoring it.

I have to have my lunch menus posted & certain other things. Currently they are posted in my kitchen where my dcp don't even go.

Maybe I will take that $16 and invest into something else then lol
Blackcat31 10:14 AM 03-28-2012
Is this the photo?
renodeb 10:21 AM 03-28-2012
Very cute. What a good idea.
Debbie
wahmof3 10:22 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Is this the photo?
YES!!!! You rock Blackcat31!!!!!
WImom 10:29 AM 03-28-2012
I need to get one of these for my own kids. Thanks for sharing!
Blackcat31 10:37 AM 03-28-2012
YES!!!! You rock Blackcat31!!!!!
Thank you! If you have trouble uploading pictures you can click the little symbol or the globe (earth with the little link picture on it) and add the url from the website.

From FAQ area in regards to adding url's : "To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'."
MrsB 10:39 AM 03-28-2012
Thats what I am afraid of, the parents ignoring it.

I have to have my lunch menus posted & certain other things. Currently they are posted in my kitchen where my dcp don't even go.

Maybe I will take that $16 and invest into something else then lol
I say still go ahead and do it especially for only $16, just be prepared that some will not take the time to look at the stuff on it. I have alot of things that have to be posted too, and I still do it for the parents that do use it. I just dont solely rely on it for communicaitons to parents.

One mom will post a little note on it every once in a while. Just to say hi and what a wonderful job I am doing, or DCG mentioned how excited she was to come see you today. So it is definately useful.

Plus if anything it looks great when it comes interview time.
wahmof3 10:51 AM 03-28-2012
I ordered it!!

My DH is going to ban me from my debit card LOL!!!

and prob from this forum too!!! Last week I ordered the viking cars- LOL!!!

Reply Up