Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!

New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Introduce yourself. Find out how to use your account and forum features. Who are you? Why do you do/use daycare? What brought you here? What kind of daycare are you associated with?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:55 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default There is nothing as cute as a little boy saying choo….. choo

So if there is nothing as cute as a little boy saying choo… .choo then where are all the wooden toy trains? I can tell you. They have been replaced by a lot of cheep plastic choking hazards. So how do we get them back in our living rooms for our children to play with? Put away the plastic and start buying wooden toys. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of stores and manufactures who make wooden toys. One of my favorites is the Melissa and Doug brand. They make many different wooden trains along with other wooden products.
My son has a wooden train that entertains him for hours at a time. He even has a wooden train table to play with his trains on. His favorite wooden train is the one that has a bunch of different box cars that he can put all of his treasures in. As a mother, it is heart warming to watch my two year old son play on this wooden train table and push his wooden train saying choo choo choo. I truly believe if a large number of mothers, fathers, and grandparents start buying wooden toys we would see our living rooms one by one become plastic free.
I hope that as you read this you feel as strongly about taking plastic out of our living rooms as I do. If you do then go out and buy a wooden train or any other wooden toy and watch your child have as much with them as my kids do. I know from my heart you won’t be disappointed.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have a very large collection of both wooden and plastic trains, along with a wooden train table. I don't have any more problems with the plastic trains than I do the wooden ones.