Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:33 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Organic Meal Ideas

I thought I would post some of my meal ideas here for those interested in serving nutritious Organic food in their daycare. I find that 90% of the things I serve I can buy premade but some things need to be made from scratch. I make the pizza crust from scratch using a normal recipe but just using organic ingredients. Most everything is organic so I won't write out the word organic over and over Here in Canada our dairy isn't infused with hormones so I don't buy organic dairy but do use a lot of dairy alternatives.

I don't serve breakfast (my kids come too late).

Lunch
Kamut or brown rice noodles and pasta sauce
black bean pizza (crust, sauce, beans, veggies and Daiya non-dairy cheese/regular cheese)
Pita, hummus and veggies
Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Chicken and rice or kamut noodles
Cheese, black bean and pepper quesadillas
I serve fruit after every meal as dessert

Snack
Banana rollups (banana, peanut butter and tortilla rolled up and sliced)
Homemade frozen yogurt (frozen strawberries or blueberries, yogurt, honey and a little bit of milk in a food processor)
Applesauce (easy to make your own as well with apples, cinnamon in a processor) *apples are bad for pesticides so I peel all apples, even organic*
Veggies and hummus
Smoothie (frozen berries, almond milk, flax oil, brown rice protein powder, probiotics) *berries HAVE to be organic as they also contain a ton of pesticides. Strawberries being the worst*
Fig bars (Barbara's brand)
Cereal bars (Barbara's brand)
Muffins

This is all I can think of right now! Let me know if you want specific info about any of it. I buy most of this stuff in a natural food store.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:07 PM

I made hummus the other day for my dck's and all but one ate it right up! I love hummus!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

Ariana, thanks sooo much! If you think of other things, please keep posting them on here cause I will keep looking for updates. I love the banana wrapped in the tortilla idea.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 AM

Love the ideas thank you.

Tags
organic food, recipe - organic, recipes