Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Nature Lover

Default Has Anyone Used These Cots?

Thinking of buying these=Regalo-My Cot Portable Travel Bed. They are only like $25.oo at WalMart which doesn't seem bad. They kinda fold up like a PNP or a lawn chair.

Wasn't sure though if I have the room for six of them folded up each day and if they are sturdy enough for use each day.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Nature Lover

Anyone-
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Daycare.com Member

I've been using them for a couple months now. Someone had posted a picture here about them, so I bought some. I have 5 that I fold up and put back into the carrying bags each day. The kids love them, and they only take as much space as the kinder mats that I had before them.

They're holding up well so far other than the bags are wearing just a little. I really do enjoy them though. The kids do too; they can take them out and set them up by themselves. I have to put them back in their bags though.

It met my inspection standards too; I had my unannounced visit from the state last week.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Nature Lover

Thank you so much! I might just be able to swing getting them this month. I didn't think the price was to bad and it might just solve some sleeping issues with the kids.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:13 PM
New Daycare.com Member

These were recommended on another thread and the price is cheaper. They don't fold up, though:
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Stackable...s=daycare+cots
Old 09-24-2012, 05:23 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Have them, and love them. They're sturdy enough for every day use, however I'm running into problems with the sheet that comes with...it's starting to fray around the corners. Kiinda annoying but I figure I could use crib sheet if I need too. I've used them for about 5 months or so.

I do love them though, and are better than most mats I've used when I worked at the center.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have these. They are big and bulky but sturdy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmunk View Post
These were recommended on another thread and the price is cheaper. They don't fold up, though:

I would like to get these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Angeles-2-...t-Mat/19271319
Old 09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

I've had these for the last year and they have held up great!

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=
Old 09-25-2012, 12:19 PM
New Daycare.com Member

The center I worked at used those mats (the one's that are vinyl covered foam) and after a short time they would rip, and need to be replaced because you couldn't wash the inside foam. With the mats you want to get, even if the sheet gets destroyed, you can still use them because a normal crib mattress will work. Just my experience though, perhaps the one's that are linked are better quality.

Though the last one linked is much cheaper...so that might be ok.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have two of those and thought they were nice at first but these sheet does start to tear in the corners. And its not so nice when you have a child that has an accident in one. I prefer these:
http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=

They come out to a little less than those and are much sturdier. They are easy to put together and there is usually a coupon code to make a little less expensive and free shipping.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:20 PM
rtrt94

Default matt

I use either vinyl cloth backed table clothes cut apart.
End of seasons you can buy them cheap.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Director Licensed Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmunk View Post

I have these cots and I love them..
I got real lucky and found them on Craigslist..
a Preschool was changing to a different style..
I paid $10 each.. MONEY WELL SPENT...but... it's true...they stack but don't fold.. so you really need a place to store them.. and a place that is near enough for daily use is not always convenient

Tags
cots