State Requirements
Daycare Insurance Healthy Hands Cooking HIGHLIGHTS BOOKS State Licensing Requirements and Standards
Liability Insurance Can Protect
You and Your Assets!
Earn an income teaching children
healthy cooking skills!
With a wide variety of stories,
puzzles, and activities every month
Your state's Licensing Requirements
and contact numbers.

Daycare Center Licensing Requirements Family Home 1 Daycare Licensing Requirements
Felony / Misdemeamor Statement Family Home 2 Daycare Licensing Requirements
Reasons For Daycare Inspection
Children's Record Form Release of Information Form

Worker Qualifications
Staff: Must be "legal age of majority" and have a written, department-approved plan to acquire at least 3 credit hours or 15 clock hours of Department-approved in-service training in child development/early childhood education or child care administration within 12 months of hiring; or a CDA; or a bachelor's or associate's degree in a field related to care and education of children ages 0 - 12 years (e.g., early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or special education); or one year verified group experience with a positive reference from a supervisor.

Provider /Child Ratio
Age Range Ratios for Center Based Care in Nebraska State
Infants (1:4)
Toddlers (1:6)
Preschool (3 years) (1:10)
Preschool (4 - 5 years) (1:12)
Schoolage (1:15)
Mixed age group center wide ratio count
Age Range Ratios for Family Child Care in Nebraska State
Infants (1:4)
All ages (1:8) includes provider's own children under 8 years old; no more than 2 children may be under 18 months old; additionally, there may be 2 school age children during non-school hours
Mixed age group (1:8) no more than 2 infants at one time
Schoolage (1:10)


To start the application process for a non-expiring, operating license, the following items must be completed and submitted to the Department:
- Family Child Care Home II Application
- $25.00 License free: Check made payable to the State of Nebraska—Cash not accepted—License fees are not refundable
- Felony/Misdemeanor Statements from the primary provider, secondary provider, any household members age 19 and older and any individuals regularly present in the home who are age 19 and older.
- Copy of First Aid training certificate/card (front and back)
- Copy of CPR training certificate/card (front and back)
- Documentation of completed (12 clock hours) Inservice training hours (copies of certificates) obtained during the Provisional Year. If 12 clock hours have not been completed at the time the licensee submits the operating license application, the following must be completed at a minimum before an application will be processed:
- At least eight (8) clock hours must be completed and a plan of how 4 additional hours of in-service training will be obtained prior to the provisional license expiring.
Send completed application packets to, or if you have questions, contact:

Douglas and Sarpy Counties
Nancy Jones
Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health
Children’s Services Licensing
1801 North 73rd St.
Omaha, Ne 68114
Telephone: (402) 595-3343

All Other Nebraska Counties:
Denise Wooten
Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health
Children’s Services Licensing
PO Box 94986
Lincoln, Ne 68509
Telephone: (402) 471-9562 or

Type Licensing Fees for Daycare in Nebraska State
Family Child Care Home 1 Provisional / Operating / Operating = $25 - Cash is not accepted
Up to 10 children, one provider, in the provider's home
Family Child Care Home II Provisional / Operating / Operating = $25 - Cash is not accepted
up to 12 children, two providers, either in the primary provider's home Or in a separate building
Child Care Centers Provisional and Yearly License Fee (capacity less than 30) = $25
Provisional and Yearly License Fee (capacity 30 or more) = $50
0ver 12 children, provider-child ratio determined by ages of children

Contact Information
Child Care Licensing Agency
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
P.O. Box 94986
Lincoln, NE 68509-4986
Phone: (402) 471-1802
Toll Free: (800) 600-1289
Fax: (402) 471-7763
Nebraska Daycare Listings
Child Care Subsidy Agency
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
P.O. Box 95044
301 Centennial Mall South, 4th Floor
Lincoln, NE 68509
Phone: (402) 471-9434
Toll Free: (800 430-3244
Fax: (402) 471-9597

Head Start - State Collaboration Office
Nebraska Department of Education
301 Centennial Mall South
P.O. Box 94987
Lincoln, NE, 68509-4987
Phone: (402) 471-3501
Fax: (402) 471-0117

Child Care Food Program Agency
Child Nutrition Programs
State Department of Education
301 Centennial Mall South
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-4987
Phone: (402) 471-3566
Fax: (402) 471-4407

State Child Care Resource & Referral Contact
Nebraska Resource and Referral System
University of Nebraska
Lincoln 121 S. 13th St., Suite 302
Lincoln, NE 68588-0227
Phone: (402) 472-0844 (in Lincoln) or (402) 472-3479
Toll Free: (800) 746-8420

Office of Child Support Enforcement
Office of Economic & Family Support
Department of Health and Human Services
P.O.Box 94728
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-4728
Phone: (402) 471-1400
Fax: (402) 471-7311

Child Abuse Reporting Hotline
To report suspected child abuse in Arkansas, Toll-Free: (800) 482-5964.

For national child abuse information, call Childhelp®, 800-4-A-CHILD (800-422-4453), or your local CPS agency.

Homepage           Login        Sign-Up         Forum        Toys & Products        About Us