(1) In centers licensed for thirteen or more children, the licensee shall conduct group activities within the following group size and staff-to-child ratio requirements, according to the age of the children:
|AGE OF CHILDREN||STAFF CHILD RATIO||MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE|
|1 mo. through 11 mos. (infant)||1:4||8|
|12 mos. through 29 mos. (toddler)||1:7||14|
|30 mos. through 5 years(preschooler)||1:10||20|
|5 years and older(school-age child)||1:15||30|
(2) In centers licensed for twelve or fewer children, the licensee may combine children of different age groups, provided the licensee:
(4) The licensee shall ensure each group is under the direct supervision of a qualified staff person or team of staff involved in directing the child's activities.
(5) The department may approve reasonable variations to group size limitations if the licensee maintains required staff-to-child ratios, dependent on:
(8) In centers licensed for thirteen or more children, the licensee may group ambulatory children between one year, and two and one-half years of age with older children, provided:
(10) The licensee shall maintain required staff-to-child ratios indoors, outdoors, on field trips, and during rest periods. During rest periods, staff may be involved in other activities if staff remain on the premises and each child is within continuous visual and auditory range of a staff person.
(11) The licensee shall ensure staff:
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.020 and 74.15.030. 93-18-001 (Order 3623), §388150-190, filed 8/18/93, effective 9/18/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 90-23-078 (Order 3103), § 388-150-190, filed 11/20/90, effective 12/21/90.]
© 1999 Daycare.com