for DayCare Centers
A. An individual partnership, or corporation shall not operate a day care
group home unless certified by the Department.
B. A completed signed and notarized application for certification shall be
submitted on forms provided by the Department along with a non-refundable fee,
pursuant to A.R.S. § 36-897.01 (C) and (D), and all required attachments.
An application submitted on behalf of an individual shall be signed by the individual;
an application submitted on behalf of a partnership shall be signed by all partners;
an application submitted on behalf of a corporation shall be signed by two officers
of the Board of Directors of that corporation. The application shall contain:
C. If notified by the Department that the application is not complete, the applicant
shall supply the requested information within 15 calendar days after receiving
such notice. If the applicant fails to provide the requested information within
the stated time, the application shall be denied.
- For each signatory on the application for certification and for
all child care personnel, a completed notarized, work registration card, a
completed fingerprint card and a non-refundable fee covering the cost of the
- For corporations current Certification of Corporation status, a
list of the corporate Board of Directors with designated officers and current
- A floor plan of the proposed facility containing accurate dimensions:
- A site plan with accurate measurements of the facility's surrounding
grounds and outdoor activity areas:
- Name, address and telephone number of available fire, paramedic,
emergency room, poison control and police services and the proximity of such
services to the facility:
- Address of any location serving alcoholic beverages within 500 feet
of the facility:
- The addresses of agricultural land within one-fourth mile of the
- A notarized statement that the certificate holder has sufficient
financial resources to maintain and operate the facility in full compliance
with the statutes and rules governing day care group homes:
- Written references, as specified in R9-5-801 (B)(13) from persons
who are 21 years of age or older and who have personal knowledge of the provider
and who will attest to the provider's good character and ability to care for
- Verification of fingerprint registration with the Department as
specified in A.R.S. § 36-897.03, of the applicant, all personnel, and
household members who are 18 years of age or older:
- Documentation provided by the Department that the provider has
attended the Department's orientation program for day care group homes:
- Copy of report of violation-free fire inspection conducted by the
local fire authority or the State Fire Marshal's office. This inspection shall
be conducted within 90 days prior to application for certification.
- Copy of report of sanitation inspection on Department approved
forms conducted within 90 days prior to application for certification, and
- Copy of report of violation-free gas inspection conducted by a
licensed plumber or person licensed by the state to conduct inspection and
repairs of yes lines and gas-fired heating and cooling devices conducted within
90 days prior to application for certification.
D. After an application for initial certification is determined to be complete,
the Department shall conduct an inspection of the facility and its grounds to
determine compliance with statutes and rules governing day care group homes.
E. The applicant shall sign the inspection report acknowledging the receipt
of a copy of the inspection report.