for DayCare Centers
302 - Director
There shall be a director who shall be responsible for administering, planning,
managing, and controlling the center's daily activities and for ensuring that
the licensing requirements are met.
- Directors shall be age 21 or older, have a high school diploma or
GED and have four (4) program years experience in child care or elementary
- The following educational levels may be substituted for experience:
- a. A Bachelors degree
- b. AA Degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood or Child Development;
- c. CDA, Child Development Associate Credential, or a child care credential
from an approved program.
- When the director is away from the center, there shall be a person
in charge who shall have the authority to carry out daily operations. The
person in charge shall be age twenty-one (21) or older.
- All new directors shall attend New Director's Orientation within
six months of employment. (This is an orientation class conducted by the Division).
- The director shall obtain 10 clock hours in early childhood education
each year as approved by the Division. Documentation of training shall be
maintained and available for review.
- Topics appropriate for continuing early childhood education shall
include, but are not limited to the following:
- a. Child growth and development;
- b. Nutrition and food service;
- c. Parent communication and involvement;
- d. Curriculum and curriculum development;
- e. Developmentally appropriate practice and learning environments,
- f. Behavior management;
- g. Emergency care and first aid; and
- h. Administration and management of early childhood programs.