for DayCare Centers
400.10 - Infants/Toddlers
- Sleeping children shall be visually monitored at all times and physically
checked regularly for breathing.
- Each infant/toddler shall be given opportunity during the day to
explore the area outside the crib or baby bed.
- Infants/toddlers shall be placed in age appropriate cribs, cots,
or mats when they fall asleep.
- Infants and toddlers shall be taken outside for a period of time
every day, unless prevented by weather or special medical conditions.
- Infants/toddlers, when awake, may remain in the crib/playpen as
long as he or she is content, but never for periods longer than one (1) hour.
- Infants shall be held, and played with by the caregiver at times
other than diapering and feeding.