for DayCare Centers
700 - NUTRITION
- The center shall ensure that lunch is served to each child.
- The lunch and evening meals shall each include 1/3 of the minimum
daily nutrition requirements from each of the four basic food groups. If sack
lunches are utilized, the facility shall ensure that these also meet 1/3 of
the minimum daily nutrition requirements. Milk shall be served to each child
during the day. Exceptions may be made for children who suffer allergies to
- Breakfast shall be made available for children who arrive before
7:00 a.m. Breakfast may be served to all children rather than a morning snack
provided there is no more than 3 hours between breakfast and lunch.
- Meals shall be served at tables. All food service surfaces shall
be kept sanitary.
- Food and drinks which are not available to the children shall not
be consumed by staff in the children's presence.
- Mid-morning snacks or breakfast, and mid-afternoon snacks of nutritional
value shall be provided for all children.