for DayCare Centers
700.10 - NUTRITION
- The use of food, bottles and formula shall be agreed upon by the
caregiver and parent.
- Infant bottles and food shall be prepared and heated in an area
separate from the diaper change area.
- Water used for the preparation of formula shall not come from the
hot water supply.
- Children shall not share the same bottle or eating utensils. The
facility shall practice a sanitary method of cleansing baby bottles, cups,
- Bottles shall not be propped. Infants under six months of age shall
be held while being bottle fed. If needed, infants six months of age or older
shall be held while being bottle fed.
- Bottles shall be labeled with the child's name and shall be refrigerated.
- Safety straps shall be used in high chairs at all times.