for DayCare Centers
902 - General
- The area shall be free of hazards or potentially hazardous objects.
- All equipment installed on or after September 1, 1997, which is
designed to be permanently anchored, must meet and be installed according
to the Consumer Product Safety Commission standards which are in effect at
the time of the installation of the equipment.
- Equipment which requires anchoring shall be properly anchored so
that anchoring devices are below ground level. This equipment shall offer
a variety of activities.
- All fasteners, including S-hooks, shall be securely tightened or
- There shall be no sharp points or splinters on any equipment.
- To prevent entrapment in equipment accessible to children, there
shall be no opening(s) between 3.5 and 9 inches. [Effective 1/1/2000]
- The only trampolines allowed will be mini-tramps used under direct
- Slides shall not have any spaces between the platforms and the slide
- Hard surface materials such as asphalt and concrete shall not be
used under and around anchored playground equipment.