for DayCare Centers
1051 - Sleeping
- There shall be a labeled, individual cot or mat, bottom sheet, and
adequate cover for each child in care during rest time.
- The use of mats shall be acceptable if they are at least 2 inches
thick, washable, waterproof, and size-appropriate for children.
- Sleeping equipment shall be kept at least one foot apart for napping.
- Sheets and covers shall be washed at least once a week. Once a sheet/cover/blanket
has been used by a child, it shall not be used by another child until it has
- There shall be sufficient lighting during nap time to provide adequate
supervision of the children.