for DayCare Centers
1051.10 - Infants/Toddlers
- An individually labeled crib or safe playpen with a waterproof mattress
shall be provided for each child under 12 months of age. A bassinet shall
not be used.
- The following guidelines shall be required for cribs:
- a. Slats shall be no greater than 2 3/8" apart.
- b. Cribs that have end panels with decorative cutout areas shall not be
- c. Mattresses shall fit snugly in the crib. The space between crib and
mattress shall measure no more than 1 inch.
- d Corner posts shall be the same height as end panels.
- e End panels shall extend below mattress at the lowest position of the
- Crib bedding shall be changed daily or more frequently when wet