for DayCare Centers
1200 - Safety
- Procedures and diagrams for emergency drills shall be posted
in each room.
- a. Both fire and tornado drills shall be practiced each month
- b. Staff, including volunteers and substitutes, shall be trained in
safety drill procedures.
- c. Everyone in the facility at the time of the drill shall participate
in the drill.
- d. The facility shall maintain a record of emergency drills, noting
the date, time of the drill, and the number of children participating
in the drill. Documentation of fire drills shall also note the length
of time taken to reach safety.
- All medications and poisonous substances shall be kept in separately
- All detergents and cleaning supplies shall be kept out of the
reach of children.
- All bags belonging to children shall be checked on arrival to
eliminate possible hazards. Purses and bags belonging to staff shall be
stored out of reach of children.
- Electrical outlets shall be guarded.
- Balloon use shall be carefully supervised.
- Staff shall be instructed in the use of fire extinguishers.
- The facility shall maintain smoke detectors/fire extinguishers
as required by the Fire Department. Smoke detectors shall be kept in working
order at all times.