for DayCare Centers
1201 - Transportation
- Staff transporting children shall have a current valid driver's
or commercial driver's license as required by state law.
- The vehicle shall be licensed, insured and maintained in proper
working condition, and in compliance with Arkansas state laws on transportation
- Driver may be counted in staff/child ratio, but shall not be the
only adult when more than children over the age of three are transported.
- For transporting children kindergarten and above only, a ratio of
1:20 shall be maintained Driver may be counted in staff/child ratio.
- Any child who is less than 6 years old and weighs less than 60 pounds
shall be restrain a child passenger safety seat. Any child who is at least
6 years or weighs at least 60 must be restrained by a safety belt. This
does not apply to school buses.
- There shall be a seating space for each child transported.