for DayCare Centers
700 - Nutrition
- Children arriving for after-school care shall be provided with a
- Sack lunches may be utilized provided 1/3 of the minimum daily nutritional
requirements are met. The center shall provide a method to supplement lunches
not meeting requirements.
- Mid morning snacks shall be provided for all children who are in
care for more than 3 hours prior to lunch. Mid afternoon snacks shall be provided
for all children.
- Vending machines in school age settings are acceptable provided
they are not the only source of snacks and/or beverages.
- Milk is not required to be served in rural day camp settings. Lunches
must provide foods from the cereal, protein, and fruit and vegetable groups.