for DayCare Centers
400 - Sick Care Component
- Children shall be provided with quiet activities according to their
age and abilities.
- Caregivers shall:
- a. Administer medicine according to prescribed instructions;
- b. Take temperature frequently or as needed;
- c. Monitor any changes in condition;
- d. Record necessary medical or physiological data or changes; and
- e. Notify parents immediately if their child's condition changes significantly
for the worse, especially if the condition meets one of the excludable diseases
- The child shall be removed immediately from sick care when his/her
condition meets one of the excludable diseases or symptoms.
- Children may be returned to regular day care when a doctor's statement
has been obtained or when the child is free of symptoms for 24 hours.