Licensing Standards for Family DayCare
TYPES OF LICENSES
36. No fee shall be charged for the Family Child Care License.
37. An annual Family Child Care License shall be issued when the Family Child Care Home meets all the requirements set forth in the Requirements for Family Child Care Homes. An annual license shall be effective for one year from the date of issue, unless it is suspended, revoked or surrendered sooner.
38. A provisional Family Child Care License may be issued for a period not to exceed six (6) months, whenever a Caregiver is temporarily unable to comply with all of the requirements in the Requirements for Family Child Care Homes.
39. A provisional license may be issued when the Department determines that:
A. A Family Child Care Home is temporarily unable to comply with all of the requirements in the Requirements for Family Child Care Homes.
B. The effect of the noncompliance to any requirement does not present or will not present an unreasonable risk to the health, safety or well-being of the children in care of the Family Child Care Home.
C. The Family Child Care Home has a plan of correction that has been approved by the Department.
40. A provisional Family Child Care License may be replaced with an annual Family Child Care License when all of the following conditions exist:
A. In accordance with a corrective action plan agreed to by the Department and Caregiver, the Caregiver corrects the deficiencies related to the requirements in advance of the expiration date of the provisional license and no additional areas of noncompliance exist.
B. Compliance with the requirements has been verified by an on-site observation by a Department representative or by written evidence provided by the Caregiver.
C. The Caregiver presents documentation of having attended training sessions, as required by the Department, relative to the noncompliance identified by the Department.
D. All other terms of the Family Child Care License remain the same.
41. A request to replace a provisional Family Child Care License prior to its expiration with an annual Family Child Care License must be made by the Family Child Care Home.
Homepage Login Sign-Up Forum Toys & Products About Us Contact Daycare.com