PDA

View Full Version : Assistant Rates

safechner
02-22-2010, 08:12 AM
I have an assistant come here to watch a few kids in a few hours once a while while I run out some errands like an ard meeting, doctor, dentist, etc... I normal pay her $10 an hour and it was my decision that how much I pay her. Now I would need her to watch the kids about 32 hours in four days March 2-5 because my husband and I will be in the due process all day for that week. Now I wouldn't be able to afford to pay her $10 an hour since I spent so much money to the lawyer and paid 4 nights in the hotel for a lawyer. How much do you think I should pay her? Any advice?

Thanks!

originalkat
02-22-2010, 08:30 AM
I think I would go with a flat rate for the week that equals out to be less per hour. Figure out what you can afford (Hopefully at least $8.00) and then offer that.

MarinaVanessa
02-22-2010, 10:12 AM
I use my sister as an assistant and pay her $9 an hour. That's more than she makes at her other part-time job and to me it doesn't seem fair that I pay her less for more time, but that's just me. It's too bad that you have to go through the expenses that you do and that's tough. Kinda puts you between a rock and ahard place. Under those circumstances I would also propose to her a weekly flat rate that you would be comfortable paying and offer to negotiate if she doesn't accept. Explain your circumstances and reassure her that you just can't pay that much. Worst case scenario is she doesn't accept and maybe you could have her work her same hours and find someone else to fill in the rest of the time? Not sure if you know someone or not that can work for the remaining time.

TGT09
02-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Hijacking post: How do/did you go about finding an assistant??

safechner
02-23-2010, 06:21 AM
Thanks! I will offer her to see if she will accept between $200 to $250 for 4 days. Actually, she is my good friend but she told me whatever I can afford to pay her but I am trying to be fair to pay her like someone else.