PDA

View Full Version : Breastfeeding Your Own Children...

SimpleMom
04-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey there. I'm back to work in about 3 weeks and plan to keep nursing. Has anyone nursed their own children while working? I'm not able to pump as I am always here and there isn't a time to do that, but I really want to keep giving my baby breast milk. Looking for ideas on how to do this.

Thanks gals!

laundryduchess@yahoo.com
04-21-2010, 09:13 AM
I did all 4 of mine, I used a ring sling,.Nursed while doing other things,.. or sat on the couch and did it. I just tossed a blanked on myself and told the little ones I was rocking the baby night night. None of my kids ever had a bottle.

Unregistered
04-21-2010, 09:39 AM
I breast fed both my kids during daycare! I told my parents that I would be doing this. They were fine with it and just said be prepared for alot of questions, and I said and you as well! LOL Some of the kids mothers had done it with younger siblings or saw a relative or freind do it! Some of the kids asked, but kids are so innocent and they were just curious and I just gave them simple answers and it was what it was! My own daughter and some of kids started breast feeding their dolls however! LOL I didn't see anything wrong with this and I think it is a great way to promote breastfeeding for the up and comming generations!! They are only going to respond depending upon how you handle it, just be relaxed and answer their questions and you won't have any problems!! ; )

jen
04-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I did too...no issues here...I just used a blanket!

MarinaVanessa
04-21-2010, 09:55 AM
This is my plan too!! Just throw a blanket over myself and say I'm rocking. I think that if the kids don't actually see a boob everything should be ok.

DBug
04-21-2010, 11:49 AM
I always kept covered up too while nursing, but little ones can be VERY curious :rolleyes: Be prepared to have a toddler or two lift the blanket for a closer look occasionally. I've had kids do this in public -- kids that I haven't even met before. Have some generic answers ready when they ask why your baby is eating you :lol:

Unregistered
04-21-2010, 12:07 PM
This is sooooo funny! My niece is 3 and her mother breastfeeding her brother who was born in Feb. My daughter also 3 and her were playing babies, my daughter was the mommy and my niece was being her baby. All of a sudden my niece asked my daughter if she could eat on her boobs! LOL

Daycare Mommy
04-21-2010, 01:41 PM
I sat in my rocking chair in the daycare room and used a recieving blanket to keep little eyes from seeing anything they wouldn't normally see. I didn't make a big production or fuss over it. It just looked like I was holding her. When the children asked questions I answered them honestly. Never had any issues with it from the parents or children.

Nursing tops were helpful and cut back on the covering I'd have to do. The tank tops especially since they could be paired with my non-nursing shirts that I was soooo happy to be able to wear again after 6 long months of ill-fitting maternity tops. :P

Daycare Mommy
04-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Have some generic answers ready when they ask why your baby is eating you :lol:

ROFL :lol: Kids say the cutest things!